PDA

View Full Version : Free version...does it work?

nyarmente268
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I wanted to see how Uru live was, since I have the "offline" version (the CD). So I downloaded the Uru Live client and the GameTap client, and made a free account. I started up the Myst online, and it shows a gray screen, and it has a loading bar with "Checking for patcher update..." over it. It has been going for some time now. How long does it take, or does it need a patch? Also, do I have to have the GameTap client open at the same time? Thank you for all of your help.

Heimdall_G
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Uru has been available on-line from GameTap as Myst Online: Uru Live, but this version of Uru will be removed from GameTap on April 4, 2008, for business reasons. See Uru Live, Latest News (http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/index.html).

That may be why you can't play.

nyarmente268
03-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I probably should have read that before typing...but is there any other service similar to Uru Live that I can play that is not going to shut down any time soon? It just sounds so interesting

nanoukmetal
03-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by nyarmente268:
Yeah, I probably should have read that before typing...but is there any other service similar to Uru Live that I can play that is not going to shut down any time soon? It just sounds so interesting
It would depend where you live. The best way to find out which games you can play for free is to get a "free" green account and download the green player version and check in the Game Vault which games are available for you.