PDA

View Full Version : People with the DLC's uexpected advantage

gothpunkboy89
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Now this is true. For people without the DLC a lot of the new characters especially if you have a lvl 50 person with enough credits to unlock everything looks nothing like the Picture we are given as a target.

I joined a death match with people with the new DLC and honestly i sat there for 3 minutes trying to find my target even though she was standing in front of me. They were able to customize them till they didn't look all that much like the target picture unless they were facing you.

Wanted more manhunt or anyother game with a compass wouldn't be as big but Deathmatch were there is no compass and given the level of customization you can do.

slight advantage to DLC players.

Oh well. Still manage to come in 3rd place even though everyone else was smoke killing or smoke poisoning everyone. I'm happy with that. But at first i was really thrown off by just who is who.

Any possible way to maybe be able to update the target picture based on the level of customization you did to your character?

sirturmund
12-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I personally have not had any problem with this. Maybe the Gladiator who's customization in my opinion makes him completely different from the picture (especially if you keep the roman head lol) but aside from that the others are just fine. To me is just the same as any other character you can customize.

Playing with the new DLC I still have more trouble picking out uncostomized Renegades than I do picking out Corsairs with pirate hats and pants or Gladiators with the full second or third sets of customization.

E-Zekiel
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
lol, this isn't totally specific to just the DLC though. Crusader is like this too. Anyway, I'll confess I have my gladiator customized with a face specifically so he doesn't look like his portrait :P

gothpunkboy89
12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
What was it the one lady that you can add a pirate type hat on. With that hat on she looks nothing like the target picture. I sat in a bench looking for her for like 1 minute till she stunned someone and i saw the lock option pop over her head.

aDarkSavior
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I just played against two top 50 players who used the new characters. Aside from trouble recognizing the players, it seemed like I couldn't lock on to them even when they were doing high profile actions if I wasn't close to them. With other players I could lock on to their high profile actions even from far away. The worst part was I was in line of sight yet the lock didn't let me hold to them for more than 3 seconds. I don't want to say hacks but they have some mechanism where they can't be high profile locked from far away.

vampirelock
12-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Not going to lie this happened to me too, but I eventually learned how they look customized, when it first happened it was the privateer I didn't realize he would have a Bandana instead of a hat.. lol

obliviondoll
12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
That's only going to be a short-term advantage.

But if any of the DLC characters look anything like any of the non-DLC characters that otherwise have very few similar-seeming characters, that will potentially be a big advantage in some Simple Deathmatch games.

PlasticAssasin8
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Lol ,i thought that too and i have the DLC. But realy once you take it easy and have a look for a game of two it,s not bad. The pirate hat on the woman is a bit of a trick when the picture doesn't have it.
But once you see monkey boy walking once, you cant miss him (privateer)

ihal
12-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Color me confused about customization of the new personas, but you can customize all(?) of their aspects for free; no purchase (credits) necessary.

indulgence82
12-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:
Now this is true. For people without the DLC a lot of the new characters especially if you have a lvl 50 person with enough credits to unlock everything looks nothing like the Picture we are given as a target.

I joined a death match with people with the new DLC and honestly i sat there for 3 minutes trying to find my target even though she was standing in front of me. They were able to customize them till they didn't look all that much like the target picture unless they were facing you.

Wanted more manhunt or anyother game with a compass wouldn't be as big but Deathmatch were there is no compass and given the level of customization you can do.

Oh well. Still manage to come in 3rd place even though everyone else was smoke killing or smoke poisoning everyone. I'm happy with that. But at first i was really thrown off by just who is who.

Any possible way to maybe be able to update the target picture based on the level of customization you did to your character?

1. your just not used to looking for the target which will happen after you play for a day or two.
2. There are 4 new characters not 17.
3. The 4 characters look completely different from each other and 2 of them barely has any room for customization.
4. 2 of them are pirates(a male and a female) and another is another big burly person wearing armor. The third looks almost like an elf and wears all green.

If your going to complain do it for something that you can't do anything about like lag or bugs. Seriously.

LadyGahan2010
12-15-2011, 06:05 AM
It'll be fine, you'll get used to it. I remember going after RED deacon a while ago but he was BLUE, and it took me forever to find him.
This is the reason why I changed the colors of my characters to less used by general public http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I don't know if that helps, but it is always worth trying.

BeCk41
12-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Well, the characters around the map look the same, and if you look at them I guess your bound to discover the one your after. But I do agree to which you can make the characters completely different than their picture, but no reason why you can't find them. But with time players will be able to see and recognize these characters. And the gladiator has many different helmets, but his god-like statue mask is the most confusing I'd imagine. xD

lynx_1985
12-15-2011, 07:21 AM
It is just a case of getting used to the characters this happened to me with the Crusader when the game was first released. I never touched him as I don't like the look of him and people had EVERYTHING available to customise him.

Lewbiedoo
12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
This reminds me about the golden moment when I started playing the AC multiplayers, right at the beginning, I love when everyone is on the same level and all the characters just seem to meld together slightly, it doesn't last long cause sooner or later identifying personas becomes second nature, I just miss the short period of figuring out who is who.

That weird woman with the nun hat thing stumped me for the longest time, but then it was like, oh it's the courtesan lookalike

PlasticAssasin8
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ihal:
Color me confused about customization of the new personas, but you can customize all(?) of their aspects for free; no purchase (credits) necessary.

Maybe it is because you have to buy the characters in the first place

TheMute88ORL
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM
It's a short trial to figure out what a persona looks like and what they can look like when a player is controlling them. When I first hit up the AC MP I had to learn the hard way how to tell if a persona is my pursuer or target and I still make mistakes but it's all about the behavior and movement. There really is no unfair advantage IMO.

Metalsnake27
12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Its really knowing the character model, not really the way the character looks.

Every character has a specific way they walk, and also have an overall appearance. I guess im just good with observation idk cause I got used to the characters rather quickly.

gothpunkboy89
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by indulgence82:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:

1. your just not used to looking for the target which will happen after you play for a day or two.
2. There are 4 new characters not 17.
3. The 4 characters look completely different from each other and 2 of them barely has any room for customization.
4. 2 of them are pirates(a male and a female) and another is another big burly person wearing armor. The third looks almost like an elf and wears all green.

If your going to complain do it for something that you can't do anything about like lag or bugs. Seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. for new players agianst them it is a slight advantage because they don't know the character model

2. were in the world did i say there was 17 new characters?

res dont' care about.

not really complaining. Just pointing out something.

ultra riku
12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I think the default legs for the corsair is bad when you have the trickster with default legs and the red colour in a match too can throw you off a bit from long distances