PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR 4: Pro Advice

leitmotiv
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
I am getting a great deal of good work out of my TrackIR 4: Pro, but it has one annoying problem. When I have to look right up---through the top of my cabin---it sometimes goes schizy---flashing images of sides, floor, top, etc. I have it set for Smoothing, and I set the level of Smoothing at 100% and this seems to help a bit, but the problem persists. Any advice? I have a very high performance game computer, brand new.

zoinks_
02-21-2006, 04:10 PM
it sounds more like a positioning issue and one of the reflectors goes out of range. or there may be some glare behind your causing this like sunlight or something shiney.

open the tr program and open the tracking window and watch the green reflectors while moving your head. simulate looking out the back of the canopy and watch.

my tip: if you lower your head a few inches then recenter(great hat setting) you get better reaction when looking up and behind. when i'm dogfighting i always do this.

leitmotiv
02-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the fast, dead-on advice, zoinks_. No light behind, reflectors were all dead center, visible, and tracking. I bent my neck down when I hit center and that seemed to do it, as you advised. No more random images. I am 6'4" and, maybe, I was too high for the camera at the centering angle I was using? By the way, I reset image size to max pixels and set light filtering to max. Good ideas? Thanks for the terrific reply!