PDA

View Full Version : Friendly fire

JEEPEE2007
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I could not answer on the"friendly fire" topic,so i gessed it must have been closed.
i'm very angry about that,as the peaple who did this clearly have no idea about the reality's of war.
I live in a country,Belgium,that has seen far to mutch of it,but at least,whe don't try to hide the reality of it.
About"friendly fire",my old mother still recalles that the Germans pased buy in my street in 1940,thy where shot at by there own artillery.
The street was covered in blood,in the stricted sence of the word,as there where houndereds of dead Germans,all of them victims of thair own guns.
So,pleas,stop ,hiding this,it happens in ALL wars,manny victimes are due to friendly fire,there's no way denaying it.
If whe talk about war,whe have to accept the truth,and that truth is not nice,nor wil it ever be,but it's no less the truth.

JEEPEE2007
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I could not answer on the"friendly fire" topic,so i gessed it must have been closed.
i'm very angry about that,as the peaple who did this clearly have no idea about the reality's of war.
I live in a country,Belgium,that has seen far to mutch of it,but at least,whe don't try to hide the reality of it.
About"friendly fire",my old mother still recalles that the Germans pased buy in my street in 1940,thy where shot at by there own artillery.
The street was covered in blood,in the stricted sence of the word,as there where houndereds of dead Germans,all of them victims of thair own guns.
So,pleas,stop ,hiding this,it happens in ALL wars,manny victimes are due to friendly fire,there's no way denaying it.
If whe talk about war,whe have to accept the truth,and that truth is not nice,nor wil it ever be,but it's no less the truth.

berg417448
01-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Friendly fire is one of those topics that people tend to forget about or may just prefer not to talk about.

Some people who have studied this issue believe that as much as 10% of all casualties on all sides in WWII were the result of friendly fire.

general_kalle
01-04-2008, 04:37 PM
is victims to friendly fire worse and more sad than victims to enemy fire?

would the sight be any different if it were enemy artillary?

just wondering

John_Pimlott
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Sh.... It happens! No one is immune from it and no one is beyond making it. I think if the topic was closed, there may well have been good reason for it...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif