PDA

View Full Version : Respawn in cooperative missions

Downloadman1974
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I like to play cooperative missions with my friends, but in large missions when someone is shotdown the multiplayer game become boring for him (in cases more than 50 minutes!).
I see that the realism is an objective for this game; but Operation Flashpoint (i.e.) too and support "group respawn".
It´s too difficult implement this feature in the next patch?
I want to end a fully action mission with the half squadron but all my friends enjoying with me.

Downloadman1974
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I like to play cooperative missions with my friends, but in large missions when someone is shotdown the multiplayer game become boring for him (in cases more than 50 minutes!).
I see that the realism is an objective for this game; but Operation Flashpoint (i.e.) too and support "group respawn".
It´s too difficult implement this feature in the next patch?
I want to end a fully action mission with the half squadron but all my friends enjoying with me.

vocatx
07-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Use dogfight maps, then. Respawn is possible on them. Co-ops really make you fly a different style because you only have to make one mistake and you are done.

Downloadman1974
07-16-2006, 02:24 PM
OK. That are we doing everytime. I understand your point...
I think this multiplayer mode is ok with online players, but imagine five mens that carry out yours machines and build a lan party to have fun and "burns" their brains all the night.
The first shotdown begin a quick dogfigth against the CPU, maybe the second build a multiplayer dogfith with de first, and later joind the thirt waiting all the guys for the end of coop mission. In this conditions we frecuently restart de mission and try again, and again, and again.... We have completed really a few coop missions.
I may setup invulnerability for all (this is an horrible option) or maybe take control of other plane in the squadron instead. I think this is a great option between full realism and invulnerability that add more playability without fall in arcade sim.
I read several threads with this subject in this forums, and the aswers are always related with realism. I think maybe in a technical problem related with multiplayer architecture of the game.

P.D.: sorry for my poor english

Freelancer-1
07-16-2006, 02:57 PM
You could always enable external views.

It won't stop people from getting shot down early in the mission, but at least they can watch everyone else finish the mission. They may even pick up a few pointers as to how to stay alive longer next time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Choctaw111
07-16-2006, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
You could always enable external views.

It won't stop people from getting shot down early in the mission, but at least they can watch everyone else finish the mission. They may even pick up a few pointers as to how to stay alive longer next time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as long as they know they cannot use external views until AFTER they've had it... For you full switch players out there like me. It does indeed get frustating to get killed early in the mission and cannot watch the rest of it until one of your squad mates sends you a track after it is all over.