PDA

View Full Version : B-25 gunner problem

WUAF_Co_Hero
12-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Lately when I fly the B-25, I've been noticing that for the majority of the time I'm unable to control my gunners when I switch to them. I don't really know how this happened, but it started after I mapped "level autopilot" for doing high alt runs.

I have been told that I can manually disable the autopilot on the gunners, and I do so: but I have to do it EVERY time I get a new B-25, and when I do, they become controllable, but will not fire on their own.

Anyone know what the issue is here?

WUAF_Co_Hero
12-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Lately when I fly the B-25, I've been noticing that for the majority of the time I'm unable to control my gunners when I switch to them. I don't really know how this happened, but it started after I mapped "level autopilot" for doing high alt runs.

I have been told that I can manually disable the autopilot on the gunners, and I do so: but I have to do it EVERY time I get a new B-25, and when I do, they become controllable, but will not fire on their own.

Anyone know what the issue is here?

WUAF_Co_Hero
12-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Ok, so here is what I found:

previously, and how it should be... the gunner would go OFF autopilot if you switched to them, and go back ON autopilot when you switched off them.

However, they don't do either of those now, and the only way to control them is manually disabling autopilot, but this makes it permanent, and because of it, they won't fire on their own if an enemy is coming at me.

How can I fix this??

Ugly_Kid
12-21-2004, 11:44 PM
For me it has always worked like this. Go to gunner station switch OFF autopilot and you can control the gunner. Switch it ON again before leaving the gunner station and computer controls it again...Haven't tried it with 3.02 though so has it changed or something. There could be also difference with online-offline

F16_Sulan
12-22-2004, 01:34 AM
There is a button called: Toggle Autopilot.
And another called: Toggle Level-Autopilot.

"Toggle Autopilot" toggles human/AI control of a crewman.
"Toggle Level Autopilot" automises this so that when you switch positions human/AI control is toggled accordingly.
In any multiplayer mode (when "autopilot" of the pilot seat is unavailable) "Toggle Level Autopilot" is good. But in offline play, using "Toggle Level Autopilot" will put the pilot on "autopilot" as you switch to a gunner, which may screw ones bombrun up...

LeadSpitter_
12-22-2004, 04:24 AM
change trackir=0 in the config.ini if your using trackir you have to press a extra button to control the gunners, they seem like they dont switch back to auto anymore too when switching stations

WWSensei
12-22-2004, 06:01 AM
It's what Sulan said...the Toggle Level-Autopilot (which a lot of people think levels the aircraft. It doesn't).

I you toggle it will behave like it used to with the gunner auto going off when ou jump in and resuming when you leave.

WUAF_Co_Hero
12-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Thx for all the responses guys: I figured out what had gone wrong.

Apparently if you toggle autopilot when in the bombadier seat, it frees up use of the gunners again. I tried toggling autopilot when I was in the gunner positions, and it did nothing, so this was the cause for my confusion.