PDA

View Full Version : two contradictory feelings

lowfighter
02-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Some people (including myself) see a big change in FM or response to inputs with the last patch. Some people are saying that they see no difference, and I believe them too. Any ideas about how these two apparently oposite views can be reconciled?

ImpStarDuece
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I'd say that something to do with how the game deals with control inputs has been altered.

I was someone who had 'wobble' in 4.02 and 4.03, i.e. small rudder and pitch inputs would result in large uncontrolable oscillations of around 1 to 2 seconds.

Now I have none of that. I can effectily use the rudder and my nose no longer does the pogo bounce if I turn or fire.

Ernst_Rohr
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I think it has a lot to do with what aircraft folks are flying.

I noticed a lot of change for the Japanese AC, a lot for the LaGG, some for the F4 and 109, none for the P-39 or B-239 or Hurricane.

I think the folks that are noticing the most changes are the ones that flew the most affected AC or the ones that flew hard on the rudder (like I do).

jimDG
02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I think its something to do with the graphics. For instance the Unreal2 readme says that, if the mouse movement seems filtered and laggy, making aiming less of a snap to a different point affair - then one needs to disable (or enable, i forgot) vsync.
People have different cards and drivers - everyone is affected differently by the very real reduction in stability that was introduced in 4.02, by something to do with graphics..

In other words, the wobble wasnt about how the airplane moved, it was about how the screen moved - self induced oscilation in a way.
Or so I think...

VW-IceFire
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by lowfighter:
Some people (including myself) see a big change in FM or response to inputs with the last patch. Some people are saying that they see no difference, and I believe them too. Any ideas about how these two apparently oposite views can be reconciled?
Some of us are finally getting to fly the darned things without the nose going all over the place.

The reason for the difference we never could figure out. I'm just happy that its fixed!