PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read The Bandy Papers ?

clipper2
02-01-2008, 03:10 AM
The Bandy Papers are a series of nine novels about the exploits of a Canadian fighter pilot during and after the First World War, by the name of Bartholomew Bandy. I've read the first three and found them hilariously funny, and for the aviation enthusiast a darn good read. If you go to http://www.sybertooth.com/bandy/#stalin you'll find a synopsis and cover image for each edition. Also if you click on the cover image of each book you can find out where to obtain copies. I read the first one, "Three Cheers for Me" back in 1973 and laughed so much at one of Bartholomew's exploits I fell out of bed; (where I happened to be reading it). Anyway check out the site and see for yourselves. I think they're great.

clipper2
02-01-2008, 03:10 AM
The Bandy Papers are a series of nine novels about the exploits of a Canadian fighter pilot during and after the First World War, by the name of Bartholomew Bandy. I've read the first three and found them hilariously funny, and for the aviation enthusiast a darn good read. If you go to http://www.sybertooth.com/bandy/#stalin you'll find a synopsis and cover image for each edition. Also if you click on the cover image of each book you can find out where to obtain copies. I read the first one, "Three Cheers for Me" back in 1973 and laughed so much at one of Bartholomew's exploits I fell out of bed; (where I happened to be reading it). Anyway check out the site and see for yourselves. I think they're great.

leitmotiv
02-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Dam! Looks like a Canadian Flashman! Thanks for the tip.

TSmoke
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I read all of them LOL in the 70's and yes they are good for a laugh or two.

Just read them for what they are, if you go looking for historical accuracy you'll soon be dissapointed. Their a good light hearted read.

Lurch1962
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I discovered them in my mid-twenties. Many times I'd have tears squirting out, and my thigh slapped numb!