PDA

View Full Version : Playing Desmond in ACR!

phoenix-force411
10-06-2011, 10:57 PM
What are your thoughts on the Desmond sequences? Will we being playing his own memories? Are you excited to enter the black room?

Chronomancy
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
No I think the Black Room will be a chore. I just want to play Desmond in the future with Lucy and the others not some boring puzzle game.

kriegerdesgottes
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm interested in seeing Desmond's memories but it's def on the bottom of my list of things I'm excited about.

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
We know virtually nothing about the man, time to give him some history and well, meaning besides just being an anchor for his ancestors.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 12:33 AM
in the desmond trailer when the animus is rebooting it list some chodes. Some amazinfg ppl have decifered these codes adn theyt are memories. So Ithink in the black room we will witness some of his past like The Farm. Also Bastards, the first thing he says in AC 1 Abstergo.

eagleforlife1
10-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Darby McDevitt said that we will be playing Desmond's memories but no information on them will be released before November 15th because they want to keep them secret.

itsamea-mario
10-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by MeSkate:
in the desmond trailer when the animus is rebooting it list some chodes...

Oh god I hope not!

Anyway.
They said the Desmond sequence would be like nothing we've seen so far, but we'll see.
I'm excited about them regardless.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 03:23 AM
why does everyone hate desmond?

ProletariatPleb
10-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Oh god I hope not!

Anyway.
They said the Desmond sequence would be like nothing we've seen so far, but we'll see.
I'm excited about them regardless.

Haha nice one, it lists some "chodes"

Toxotes47
10-07-2011, 03:29 AM
It will be interesting to see the approach in Desmond's memories. Certainly they are not going to be as basic as the executable truth file.

roostersrule2
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by MeSkate:
why does everyone hate desmond? IDK why but I know people who have played every game except AC1 and hate him where I know people like me who played AC1 like Desmond its weird. So my theory is everyone who didn't play AC1 hate's him but there probably are people who did't play AC1 and like him. Anyway I can't wait for this game but most importantly his memories I want to see the farm and all of his half remembered dreams they will probably be the highlight of ACR for me.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 05:31 AM
I don't know why people hate Desmond. Though we still know very little about him, he was funny and he always said the kinds of things the player tends to want to say. like at the end of AC2, he said exactly what I was thinking.

Assassin_M
10-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't know why people hate Desmond. Though we still know very little about him, he was funny and he always said the kinds of things the player tends to want to say. like at the end of AC2, he said exactly what I was thinking.
You got that right my friend XD

AnthonyA85
10-07-2011, 06:57 AM
honestly, i think it's more than past time for us to learn some background info on him.

And i actually like desmond.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
You got that right my friend XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think I was actually about to say it when he said it for me. I love it when that happens xD

CRUDFACE
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Edit: And I like Desmond for the most part, but I feel like I know about him mostly from AC:1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
You got that right my friend XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think I was actually about to say it when he said it for me. I love it when that happens xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accidentally said it out loud when it happened, then everybody in my house turned to me.

"If you played the game, you'd say the same thing to," was my only response, lol

kriegerdesgottes
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeSkate:
why does everyone hate desmond? IDK why but I know people who have played every game except AC1 and hate him where I know people like me who played AC1 like Desmond its weird. So my theory is everyone who didn't play AC1 hate's him but there probably are people who did't play AC1 and like him. Anyway I can't wait for this game but most importantly his memories I want to see the farm and all of his half remembered dreams they will probably be the highlight of ACR for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really true. I have bought every single one of these games on launch day and played each one to death but I still don't care much for Desmond. I guess I don't really hate him but he's annoying to me.

I remember actually thinking why doesn't he say this or that? especially to Shaun. The only time he did say what I was hoping is when he said "What a di*%". Otherwise he just sits there and takes Shaun's abuse.

Calvarok
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeSkate:
why does everyone hate desmond? IDK why but I know people who have played every game except AC1 and hate him where I know people like me who played AC1 like Desmond its weird. So my theory is everyone who didn't play AC1 hate's him but there probably are people who did't play AC1 and like him. Anyway I can't wait for this game but most importantly his memories I want to see the farm and all of his half remembered dreams they will probably be the highlight of ACR for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really true. I have bought every single one of these on launch day and played each one to death but I still don't care much for Desmond. I guess I don't really hate him but he's annoying to me.

I remember actually thinking why doesn't he say this or that? especially to Shaun. The only time he did say what I was hoping is when he said "What a di*%". Otherwise he just sits there and takes Shaun's abuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Desmond just finds him amusing and has thick skin. Desmond actually seems like he would make a good Assassin on the gaining contacts and analyzing people side. I don't think Shaun realizes how smart he is.

SleezeRocker
10-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Im not a large fan of Desmond but I respect him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

That's not really true. I have bought every single one of these on launch day and played each one to death but I still don't care much for Desmond. I guess I don't really hate him but he's annoying to me.

I remember actually thinking why doesn't he say this or that? especially to Shaun. The only time he did say what I was hoping is when he said "What a di*%". Otherwise he just sits there and takes Shaun's abuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Desmond just finds him amusing and has thick skin. Desmond actually seems like he would make a good Assassin on the gaining contacts and analyzing people side. I don't think Shaun realizes how smart he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'm thinking. Desmond seems the type of guy that makes jokes all the time to avoid showing what he's really like.

rileypoole1234
10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm actually really excited. I'd love to know more about Desmond, and see where he actually came from, and maybe see him get kidnapped by Abstergo. We know absolutely nothing about him, so it will be nice to finally get the story of Desmond. Hopefully we'll also learn a lot more about Subject 16 too, seeing as he's in the Black Room as well.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'm actually really excited. I'd love to know more about Desmond, and see where he actually came from, and maybe see him get kidnapped by Abstergo. We know absolutely nothing about him, so it will be nice to finally get the story of Desmond. Hopefully we'll also learn a lot more about Subject 16 too, seeing as he's in the Black Room as well.

I believe we'll be able to see the memory of when he was kidnapped by Abstergo until the moment they put him in the animus for the "first" time (the one we saw in AC1, that didn't work).. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rileypoole1234
10-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

I believe we'll be able to see the memory of when he was kidnapped by Abstergo until the moment they put him in the animus for the "first" time (the one we saw in AC1, that didn't work).. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one of the memories I'm looking forward to most. Should be a great game this one.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

I believe we'll be able to see the memory of when he was kidnapped by Abstergo until the moment they put him in the animus for the "first" time (the one we saw in AC1, that didn't work).. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one of the memories I'm looking forward to most. Should be a great game this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too, but I'm also curious to see how the "normal" world in the AC universe is, maybe one memory of Desmond doing something a normal person would do in a city, this would be cool, and to give a reason to these memories maybe they should show us some cutscenes where we are able to see that he was being followed (by Abstergo agents or maybe assassins)...