PDA

View Full Version : B-25 bombing

seekndestroy68
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
I was just wondering if you guys got any tips on how to bomb with this, I can bomb pretty good with the RUssian Tb3 i believe is what its called, but im very inaccurate with the B-25 my bombs drop way ahead of the target, is it because im flying to low around 1000alt, i would just like some tips if you guys got any thanks.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't know if you are using Level Autopilot option (you must map it first in Controls section). That will be of great help during bombing run, holding same course and altitude. You can than concentrate on speed and direction heading completely (once you have entered your alt and speed in bombsite).

Also I think 1000m alt seems a bit too low. I didn't bomb too much in B-25, I have played G4M career, and my runs were from about 2,5-3,5k.

Basically two reasons, flak avoiding and keeping track on target (I spot it easier from higher alt).

seekndestroy68
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
thanks a lot didnt know this was a thing to automaticaly level the plane wow that will help a lot i always set my speed etc, then switched to pilot view to level it as best as i could then right before bombing would switch back to bomber and drop the payload.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes. It will help enormously. I know that I couldn't barely hit anything form higher alt without that function. There is simply too many factors to keep track to be succesfull.

In fact it ain't easy with Level Autopilot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I often elevate my bombsite to over 70? to keep track and I engage auto bomb release when it reaches bit over 40? and target in bombsite crosshair. During that time I try to keep target in gunsite, correcting bombsite inputs etc.

seekndestroy68
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
this is working for every bomber but the b-25, for some reason it seems like the bombsights or somthing on the b-25 looks backwards or somthin, which causes you to drop the bombs to late and hit way ahead of the target I dont know whats up with it.

seekndestroy68
09-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Think i figured it out now, I can hit targets like boats, grounded planes pretty accurate now, I just tilt it to around 57 degrees or so then once its in my sights and drop the bombs and they will usually hit the target.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah you must figure out when is the perfect time for bomb release.

Also I did not mention that bombsite accepts only true air speed (TAS), and your gauge in aircraft shows you indicated air speed (IAS).

Those two differs although not so significantly on lower alts.
You should check out in QMB what is the difference for your desired altitude (for example 20kph on 3000m, I have guessed this may not be exact figure), so you can perfectly adjust your speed bombsite input. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You can see TAS on your comic gauge (large one, when cockpit is off), while IAS can be read from cockpit gauge *or* speedbar (red text in left low corner of the screen). Also you can toggle between kph/mph -- Toggle Speed Bar in Controls section.
Make sure that your speedbar is enabled in Difficulty settings.

Kernow
09-23-2005, 03:27 AM
You're not using the bombsight automation, are you?

You need to map keys for all the bombsight functions and read p20 Forgotten Battles manual or p22 Pacific Fighters manual.

Bombardier's compartment in the B-25 has an altimeter and a combined IAS/TAS gauge - look down to the left and you'll see them.

WWSensei
09-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Also remember that in the b-25 the TAS and altitude must be entered in feet and mph....not meters and kph...