PDA

View Full Version : Temporary process dissabler

Obi_Kwiet
06-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I remember a long time ago there was a utility posted in these boards that temporarily disable process like explorer.exe among other things while playing games? Could I please have this? This would be amazingly useful. Thanks!

Obi_Kwiet
06-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I remember a long time ago there was a utility posted in these boards that temporarily disable process like explorer.exe among other things while playing games? Could I please have this? This would be amazingly useful. Thanks!

zjulik
06-22-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www.kensalter.com/fsautostart/

Tully__
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Also EndItAll IIRC

wayno7777
06-22-2005, 08:32 PM
End-it-All is easier to use but FSAuto Start can restart them IIRC.

thefarb2
06-23-2005, 12:47 AM
fsautostart still a little sketchy, works ok, I get 5 fps out of it, but I'm not sure services restart proprly, just reboot though. If this gets regular updates, it could be quite good. be patient trying to download.

F19_Ob
06-23-2005, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
a utility posted in these boards that temporarily disable process like explorer.exe among other things while playing games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of this before.
Will it increase performance on the game?

Flakenstien
06-23-2005, 02:51 AM
FSAutoStart is the way to go! It is the best to use and yes you can have it set to restart after your finished.
It can also be used for any program that you want to have the most resources go to .
Inital configuring is a little time consuming but once you got it set to **** down programs and services you want to have off making a new shortcut for other programs is a snap!
I have used it for a few years now and like it more than End-it-all, for one it disables more services and programs, and the other it will restart when your finished.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Never heard of this before.
Will it increase performance on the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! By disableing all services and processes you don't need while simming your freeing up resources and RAM, the more of those you ahve available for the sim the better overall performance!

BTW can also be found at Flying-Legends!

stef51
06-23-2005, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I remember a long time ago there was a utility posted in these boards that temporarily disable process like explorer.exe among other things while playing games? Could I please have this? This would be amazingly useful. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A nice site I found a while ago is...

http://www.processlibrary.com/

You can search the process and may help in figuring out what they do... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stef