PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing with IL2:FB + AEP

Sgian_Dubh_001
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

Before I run out an purchase PF, I wanted to know If it installs on top of IL2:FB+AEP. In other words when I run PF, do I have access to all of the planes and maps from the FB and AEP as well, or do I have to run each executable individually?

I assume there are good instructions for merging this if it is indeed possible.

Thanks

Sgian_Dubh_001
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

Before I run out an purchase PF, I wanted to know If it installs on top of IL2:FB+AEP. In other words when I run PF, do I have access to all of the planes and maps from the FB and AEP as well, or do I have to run each executable individually?

Thanks

FoolTrottel
05-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi!

Once you've merged them, you just run 'FB-AEP-PF'!
There's no separate executables! (There's a perfect merge.)

This is the way to do it (currently, untill Patch 4.0 is out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )

- Install FB out of box
- Check if it runs (version 1.0)
- Install AEP out of box
- Check if FB-AEP runs (version 2.0)
- Install PF, choose merged option!
- Download and install patch 3.03m, and 3.03m_to_3.04M. Install them in same order.

You'll be fully merged and ready to have some fun!

So, now go, run, and get PF...

Good Fun!

VW-IceFire
05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sgian_Dubh_001:
Hi all,

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Merging is very easy. Yes you keep everything you had before...but you get all the new stuff too. All in the same game. You can switch seamlessly between eastern front, western front, and pacific front.

Tully__
05-21-2005, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I assume there are good instructions for merging this if it is indeed possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The autorun menu will give you "Standalone" and "Merged" install options if you have FB/AEP installed.

sammy4657
05-22-2005, 03:41 AM
does the original il-2 merge into fb and then does everything stack on top?

FoolTrottel
05-22-2005, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sammy4657:
does the original il-2 merge into fb and then does everything stack on top? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

Merging starts at FB, then AEP, then merge PF

But, all the original IL2's contents is also present in FB ... so ...