PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite theatre of WWII?

Superjew1
07-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Ive put together a small battle of the bulge battle that involves strafing some tanks in a p38 and some bf109's coming to intercept and Ive put together a mission where about 50 US planes are gonna attack a japanese battleship/carrier fleet.

I think I like the pacific theatre the most but am not sure. I quickly realized during my online play that I did not like free-fer-all where any plane could fight any other plane. I like battles based somewhat on historical accuracy, even though my guadalcanal battle uses 1944 tinytim rockets when guadalcanal was fought b4 1944.

But which theatre of WWII do you like the most?

SILVERFISH1992
07-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Your back already?

I like the Pacific.

JtD
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Eastern Front.

Superjew1
07-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Yea Im back. Flying Spaghetti Monsterists have been discriminated against for thousands of years is all I can say about that, since its one of the less popular religions.

danjama
07-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Eastern front 1942 or Western Front 1940. Then again i love early pacific front, and early mediterranean.

Do i really have to pick a favourite?

Erkki_M
07-12-2009, 07:06 AM
East front apart from late 44 and 45. North Africa is also nice, as is early Pacific.

Treetop64
07-12-2009, 02:53 PM
> Eastern Front 'till 44, then it's all just completely one-sided from there.

> Early Pacific until the completely one-sided sailing for the Americans.

Of course, if I were actually participating in the war then I would love the one-sided situation.

...unless I were on the losing side, that is.

squareusr
07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Anything slow, low and close range. So "early eastern front" fits the bill best.

And if it's about actually participating, i'm totally with Treetop, the best tour would be "North American Theatre of Office-Duty" and if that's not an option a grunt job at an assembly line in the same region will do. After all, the latter is one of the most important contributions to the turnout of the war, second only to brute force sacrifice on the russian side. (And if it has to be a position in the air i'll gladly take the duty of hauling food to Berlin in the aftermath)

ROXunreal
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Europe western front, though I like eastern too.

PTO doesn't interest me too much

Woke_Up_Dead
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who likes early to mid-war Eastern front. Those scenarios and even plane-sets are so hard to find online, at least during the times that I fly. I like North Africa too, that one is a little easier to find.

I think I would like some of the more exotic early-war theaters too, if I ever find them and try them. Greece vs Italy for example; the Greeks did well in their P-11s and P-24s (an upgraded version of the P-11), while I believe that the Italians had early Macchis, Fiats, and maybe bi-planes. Also, Romanian IARs vs the VVS from 1941-42 could be a fun match-up. The mish-mash that was the Finnish airforce vs the Soviets in the first stages of the war is another fun one; my squad's server (334th) has a winter map that I like that includes Hurricanes, Buffalos, Fiats, and Gladiators vs I-16s, MiGs, and TB-3s.

DKoor
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
ETO - Battle for Kharkov, Prokhorovka map in game, Bf-109F4, LA-5/F, LaGG-3S35, IL-2's... plus tons of armor & troops below. Balanced fights.
ETO - a bit on the west... 9AF 474FG, Lightnings & their ops http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

PTO - Guadalcanal, Wildcats, Zeros and the rest of the gang...

R_Target
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
PTO '42-'44
CBI '42-'45
Med/Afrika '40-'43

Western front is Yawnsville. Eastern front I used to enjoy more, but these days I can take it or leave it.

Gammelpreusse
07-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Med and even more so, the italian theatre. Imho one of the most underrated theatres, epic in it's size, it's shameful and glorious moments, offering everything from hand to hand fighting up to Anzio Annie and smart bombs.