PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps They Were Templars?

LxLAS3RzZz
01-23-2011, 05:26 PM
This is my first thread so exuse any possible mistakes or if it is not to an brilliant standard, however I have always wanted to make multiple threads but anyway, here it goes.

Throughout history there are many iconic and notorious figures who of which I believe they were likely Templars. I am not a historian and I can't remember many, many faces and so I think what this thread is for, is for people to give a name of a man or woman, likely to be a Templar and possibly give comments and the likeness, give reasons and debate the person. Of course even give reasons why it is unlikely within Assassin Creed Lore. - First thread, hopefully sucessful. (Small details of the way they look, the way they dress, what they hold can also be major things to make you think so, small details can be excellent.)

I shan't place a name forward since this is more for the people whom play the Game than I, though I can't say I won't get involved; Begin.

Stilteman
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
hitler need i say anything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LxLAS3RzZz
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I suppose I have to agree to that, I think it is actually suggested in the game somewhere or perhaps Project Legacy that Hitler was in fact a Templar. The Grand Master if I am not mistaken, perhaps I am.

Stilteman
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
lmao realy i just thought of a random guy thats does bad things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

MrGerbz
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by LxLAS3RzZz:
I suppose I have to agree to that, I think it is actually suggested in the game somewhere or perhaps Project Legacy that Hitler was in fact a Templar. The Grand Master if I am not mistaken, perhaps I am.

It is in one of the puzzles from 16 (in AC:B, and in AC2 too iirc).
Apparently the templars started passing artifacts of eden around (obviously not at random, but with a preset plan).
With it Hitler was supposed to start the 2nd world war, but after a while he didn't listen to the templar leaders anymore, got too power hungry, so they set him loose (explaining his suicide, or perhaps even death by the hand of an assassin)

LxLAS3RzZz
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Aye, I just looked him up on Assassin's Creed Wiki - interesting stuff actually. Apperently he went mad looking for pieces of Eden and started to slaughter Jews because he thought it was likely one of them was a Jewish Assassin and held a piece of Eden.

It's clear they also used the Iron Cross that he recieved as also a badge of the Templar Order. It didn't look like he was a very high member of the Templar Order despite commanding a Country and an Army, odd if I should say so myself.

Sarahfla
01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Just look at a listing of Freemasons. Many Popes and Presidents were Masons(George Washington was one).

The Knights Templars and Masons are closely tied together...at least in our world. Seems to be similar in the game world too(Hitler did have some fascination with Masons).

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Awesome idea for a thread.

And this:

Originally posted by Stilteman:
hitler
Had to be the first reply, didn't it?

It's interesting how many historical figures there are who get listed as Templars in-game, but most of them are from relatively modern history.

I'm voting Oda Nobunaga though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AntiChrist7
01-24-2011, 01:25 AM
The glyphs and rifts in ACII and Brotherhood tell you who were templars: ford, edison, etc.....

You can check the AC wikia and you'll have a whole list of them.

bit pointless thread though

massmurdera_666
01-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Jesus Christ, i believe Altair mentions Jesus to possibly having a P.O.E., maybe he and his disciples were the first Templar's, with all the walking on water and turning water into wine happening all the time, maybe it was all an illusion conjured up by the P.O.E., but he wasn't capable of controlling peoples minds, cause if he did he wouldn't have been crucified. and maybe, just maybe, Judas was an assassin, but got to close and couldn't kill him, well the assassin's couldn't just insert another member into Jesus's circle so they coerced the Jewish leaders to push hard on the Romans to deal with Jesus harshly, and knowing he failed his brothers, Judas took his own life.

i know i'm going to get a lot of **** for this, but let me just say that I RESPECT EVERYONE'S RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS VIEWS AND OPINIONS.

robinzx
01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by BatemanKID:
Jesus Christ, i believe Altair mentions Jesus to possibly having a P.O.E., maybe he and his disciples were the first Templar's, with all the walking on water and turning water into wine happening all the time, maybe it was all an illusion conjured up by the P.O.E., but he wasn't capable of controlling peoples minds, cause if he did he wouldn't have been crucified. and maybe, just maybe, Judas was an assassin, but got to close and couldn't kill him, well the assassin's couldn't just insert another member into Jesus's circle so they coerced the Jewish leaders to push hard on the Romans to deal with Jesus harshly, and knowing he failed his brothers, Judas took his own life.

i know i'm going to get a lot of **** for this, but let me just say that I RESPECT EVERYONE'S RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS VIEWS AND OPINIONS.

"This game was created by a multicultural team of diverse religious backgrounds"

Or something to that effect..

LxLAS3RzZz
01-24-2011, 03:11 AM
In Assassin's Creed 1 Al Mualim said that Jesus had the Apple of Eden and he used it to turn water into wine.

I'm unsure if Jesus and his followers were Templars however.

Also Moses used I think it was the Apple of Eden to part the red sea.

Kakashi590
01-24-2011, 04:19 AM
Jesus Had the shroud of Eden and a glyph in AC2 says he was crucified so the templars could take the shroud.

LxLAS3RzZz
01-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Oh yes, Shroud of Turin or something like that. So it is likely that Jesus simply just had the shroud, or he also had the Apple of Eden like Al Mualim said.

In that case then, the Roman leaders most likely were Templars - King David for example.

magesupermaster
01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Oh yes, Shroud of Turin or something like that. So it is likely that Jesus simply just had the shroud, or he also had the Apple of Eden like Al Mualim said.

In that case then, the Roman leaders most likely were Templars - King David for example.

Jesus' followers used the Shroud to resurrect him from the dead.

And no, King David was not a Roman leader.
He was the second king of the Kingdom of Israel.

xXdarkace666Xx
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
In Assassin's Creed 1 Al Mualim said that Jesus had the Apple of Eden and he used it to turn water into wine.

According to glyphs from AC2, Moses had the P.o.E. staff(i forget the real name) to part the red sea.

magesupermaster
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by xXdarkace666Xx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LxLAS3RzZz:

According to glyphs from AC2, Moses had the P.o.E. staff(i forget the real name) to part the red sea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Bible says that God gave Moses a cane.
In the AC universe, that same cane could be the Staff of Eden which Moses was possibly given to by TWCB.

LxLAS3RzZz
01-24-2011, 09:21 AM
That then. However was Jesus and his followers humble people who stumbled upon these P.O.E's or were they Assassin's possibly?

k20ml
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
yes probably, because the developers were a multicultural team, they could not put dirt on any religious leaders.

Spirited448
01-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Seen a program about free masons last time and they are definately the templars of today
Perhaps also the Illuminati which i am still not sure if i believe in that

LxLAS3RzZz
01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I can say I agree on that - I have a feeling they do exist though it is impossible to be sure until 2012, or so I think so.

Also it is likely 60% - 70% of the Freemasons are tied in together with the Templars.

magesupermaster
01-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by k20ml:
yes probably, because the developers were a multicultural team, they could not put dirt on any religious leaders.

No.
If the development team were a bunch of sissy religious people that got offended by everything, you wouldn't be able to punch the Pope in the face and kick him in the groin.
Also, Jesus is told to be a fraud in AC2(I think that can really offend people).

LxLAS3RzZz
01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
^
Made me laugh yet true of course.

Pitalla
01-24-2011, 11:39 PM
The way I see it man they are actually called Mazons and they exist even to this day. As a matter of fact many countries are ruled by Free mazons and they control EVERYTHING. However in AC they are called templars cause if you where to call them mazons then.... well the free mazons wouldnt like it one bit.

The way I see it in AC, after the templars got exinct some mazons arrived and continued the Templar mission altough not order because the templar order is very different for what the mazons stand for.

massmurdera_666
01-25-2011, 04:50 AM
first off its Masons not Mazons, god i hate it when people screw with proper terms, like magick, what the hell? its magic, its almost as bad as stephenie myer making vampires sparkle.

second, the Free Masons wouldn't mind at all if they were named in AC, if they did they would sue every writer, network that airs a show about them, and every conspiracy nut, to them its free publicity and adds to their mystique and allure, which attracts hundreds if not thousands of new members every year.

if you want to know more about them look up your local chapter and ask how you could become a member

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please watch your Language.</span>