PDA

View Full Version : never seen such a ****

vonStahlhelm
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
just came from my neighbour. he is really a noob in gaming and simulations. he rings at my door:
hey, i just buy a cool flightsim. wanna see it?
so i come with him and see "battle of britain 2"
uuurrrrrghhh - i seldom see such a crappy game in the last two years, the graphics maybe good in a game from 1998 - but for this time its just horrible, the flightmodell feels also horrible - man the whole game is horrible.
as i hear from BoB2 i play around with the thought to buy it. thank good my neighbour make this mistake.
and thank good for companys like maddoxx games who make really good games and dont produce such garbage............

vanjast
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Show him IL2/FB/PF/etc ... etc

LeadSpitter_
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I wouldnt exactly call it crappy, its better then alot of aspects of fb aep pf. But fb aep pf has alot of things better then rowans BOB ii.

For olegs BOB im sure shockwave will be making top shelf product addons for this community and everyone will enjoy them.

The main disapointment is no online play with rowans BOB ii. I think its so much more realistic fms, sound, cockpits but without online play whats the point.

compaired to fb aep rowans bob II looks better then 80% of the ac we have in game but fb aep pf have some ac pits that look better i185 bf110 me262 ki84 j8m ki67 and of course the tempest when it gets here.

I think flight sims are such a small community and we should support them all or they will vanish.

Popey109
09-07-2005, 06:07 PM
There was a time Led when I€d agree with you€¦but than came CFSIII€¦I think we need to stop supporting every peace of **** burned to disc!...I think we have every right to expect a level of quality for our money€¦if we don€t than we€ll keep getting stiffed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif edit= I didnt buy BOBII...I had a bad feeling for it from the start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

LeadSpitter_
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
shockwave team spends just as much time modeling and researching as the others.

Every sim has much better aspects then its competitors.

Cfs3 has so many better aspects but then il2 series has the most important aspects of difficulty settings and anti cheating. Also il2s content of flyables and ground items does not compair to cfs series or rowans bob.

BOB will have a very small ammount of ac, and the addons too becuase the time it takes to model to the new standards.

Oleg said he wants his bob engine to be good for 10yrs i dont think that will ever happen at the speed of gaming and pc upgrades, maybe 3-5 years at most, and small square maps and synth sound is definatly a step backwards in flight sims, same as visability distance which are extremely important.

LEXX_Luthor
09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Shockwave does not make flight sims, but Patch up old sims created by other. Oleg creates flight sims.

Shockwave has less people than Oleg's team, and the Shock folks are largely doing BoB2 in their spare time away from their real jobs. Shockwave needed the already coded BoB2, but they are also limited by it. The tiny Shockwave team and their resources is an example of how Microsoft Marketing has totally crushed the western made combat flight sim genre. Now that Microsoft has abandoned the market(**), we will eventually see the Re-Birth of the Combat Flight Sim Genre. For example, its possible that if Microsoft were still working on 4SFC instead of running away, Shockwave would never have started BoB2 but stayed with modding Microsoft marketed sims. Shock BoB2, as limited as it may be (initially) is hopefully the *first* step of flight sim developers stepping out of the Microsoft Dark Age.

(**) You will still have Microsoft Windows, you will lose nothing.

jensenpark
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by vonStahlhelm:
just came from my neighbour. he is really a noob in gaming and simulations. he rings at my door:
uuurrrrrghhh - i seldom see such a crappy game in the last two years, the graphics maybe good in a game from 1998 - but for this time its just horrible, the flightmodell feels also horrible - man the whole game is horrible.
as i hear from BoB2 i play around with the thought to buy it. thank good my neighbour make this mistake.
and thank good for companys like maddoxx games who make really good games and dont produce such garbage............

I wish I had a neighbour like that before I went and got CFS3 so long ago. Think I'll go yell at my neighbour for not helping out more...jerk.

T_O_A_D
09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

" I hate you man, You ruined my Life! Gawd??? "

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

You think he would know what your talking about heheheh

Poor neihbor, the guy just ain't got a clue does he? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Originally posted by jensenpark:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vonStahlhelm:

I wish I had a neighbour like that before I went and got CFS3 so long ago. Think I'll go yell at my neighbour for not helping out more...jerk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JSG72
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Think what we got here is a Sim for people that know F all about the real history of the period.
Just like CFS 3.
Folks bring out the Engine and then Rely on the community to Tweak the game to reflect the needs of accurate Simmers.
OLEG has none of this and produces a best intentions Sim straight out the box.
Whiners then can only argue over the minutae.
But deep down they know the have purchased the best SIM.
And have not the capability or knowledge to improve on it.

Enforcer572005
09-08-2005, 04:29 PM
MS is getting out of the Sim bsnss?!?!
I didnt know that....good, now maybe some other companies can clean up on the sim market and give us stuff that works most of the time. Hopefully Gates will fire the talented guys that had tried to make a good sim but were stymied by his sc#w the customer attitude.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
I gave up on MS sims after I gave up on what MS laughingly called a FMB in CFS2....that thing was totally unreliable and hated adon planes. I really enjoyed watching all the AVG/JA planes a team of guys spent so much time on taxi to thier targets and across water.

I really enjoyed CFS2 for a while, but only after a tremendous amount of work incorporating user made fixes for such garbage as losing nearly all roll ability after one hit in the wing-every time. Never could get ai bombers to drop more than one bomb, as there was so much concern for political correctness in that sim.The list was endless.

It was as if Gates had asked JAne Fonda and Ramsey Clark to approve every aspect of the sim. The MS attitude of never fixing anything and releasing defective software long before it is finished p4ssed me off so bad i swore id never buy another one of thiers.

What good are all the great adons people make if you cant use em, and with that lousy FMB in cfs2 (and 3) you sure cant use em properly.