PDA

View Full Version : online matchmaking system

PryingTuna85649
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Is the game getting worse with the matchmaking stuff? I know people are getting better in general at the game, but the system seems to be really messed up. Two to three times within half an hour today, I ended up with multiple Pursuers in 5-7 place. One time in which I had four Pursuers while in fifth place. I would get multiple Pursuers on me before I would even get a Target...often times the same Pursuer that just killed me. And I'd be spawned RIGHT NEXT to my Pursuer...multiple times.

I know a lot of people (including myself) have posted about this before, but I've never had it this bad before. This has been every single match I've played the past two days...after not playing for a week. Makes it really hard to enjoy playing. Especially when you combine this with lag.

obliviondoll
03-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Give it time.

I had a bad run like this for a few days with one of the other recent updates, but it went back to normal (mostly) after a few days.

m4tt3198
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Now that you mention it, it does seem to be worse lately, especially if you get first blood. I thought it was just that I was having a bad couple of days, but if you're having it too??? It's like the game doesn't realize that you're sliding down the leaderboard. I had a game this morning where I had something like 4 kills and 9 deaths because I always had at least two pursuers, even when I was in 7th. I was using up my abilities as soon as they cooled down and I couldn't get anywhere near my target because as soon as I'd stun someone I'd almost immediately get a new pursuer.

Also, I have had a couple of 6k+ games this week, which is very good for me. Maybe others in the lobby were dealing with the same thing, allowing me to have fewer pursuers and focus on my targets?

m4tt3198
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Hopefully, Obliviondoll is right.

PryingTuna85649
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
I hope Obliviondoll is right, too. No exaggeration, in every game, every time one Pursuer was stunned/lured, I'd have another one instantly. But with contracts, I'd be sitting there in a blend group just waiting. Which had never happened before. My scores have dropped over half of what they were. So much for being all excited about making Grandmaster. Guess it's not going to last much longer.

Serrachio
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Maybe it should note down your position, and switch some pursuer's contracts over to a different player when they get higher.

m4tt3198
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't think it needs to switch anyone's contract, but if you die and you see that you're in 5th, it shouldn't give you two pursuers immediately after respawning, then another one as soon as you stun one of them.

I think it's just a form of lag where the game hasn't recognized that you're no longer on the podium as I see this occur more often when I start the game well. If I start badly, this doesn't seem to happen.

Tom_Grimm
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I had a match where I was in last place, had barely any points, was on my Loss Streak, and the game still was like "oh, how about 3 pursuers?" and it was Monterigionni so naturally I was getting aerialed whenever I took a few steps.

PryingTuna85649
03-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
Maybe it should note down your position, and switch some pursuer's contracts over to a different player when they get higher.

I can understand spawning somewhat near your Pursuer, but I've literally spawned right next to my Pursuer and died before I've even the level. Happened to me in one game last night literally one spawn right after the other. And 4 Pursuers while in 5th place? WTF? I think m4tt3198's idea that it could be from lag, except that I didn't drop from first to fifth. Other times it makes sense, but this time just shocked me.

I know I probably come across as a sore loser (and I'll definitely admit I'm not exactly fond of losing), but if this is the case with every game played, I think it's fair to say it's spoiling the enjoyment of the game. I want to be able to play and have fun, but after a week of having this happen, I put the game down to keep my blood pressure from being in an elevated state and to prevent complete burnout. I start playing a week later, and it's worse than ever. I'm gonna keep trying (I'm stubborn and really do love the game), but it makes it really difficult. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif And I hate that, because this is such a great multiplaying experience when these things don't happen. If it were just me playing badly (as I initially thought), it would also be another thing. After seeing a video of my gameplay from another person's Xbox view, though, I know it's not now. Makes it hard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

m4tt3198
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I'll send you two friend requests the next time I have a chance to log on and play. (Hopefully tonight, but not a sure thing) Then, we can see who is truly the biggest pursuer magnet.

PryingTuna85649
03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by m4tt3198:
I'll send you two friend requests the next time I have a chance to log on and play. (Hopefully tonight, but not a sure thing) Then, we can see who is truly the biggest pursuer magnet.

Lol, cool. I'll be looking out for you. If I get on tonight, I won't be on long. I have a huge nursing school entrance exam tomorrow morning and I have to turn in early. But tomorrow night, I'll definitely be on and probably will be raging about the test. Bloodthirsty rage. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PryingTuna85649
03-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh, and dunno how many people are following this thread...I plan on getting a Dazzle recorder and start recording my matches tomorrow. Hoping to get some good critiques (on top of post-viewing my matches benefiting me)...because even when I don't have lag, I know I have a lot of room to improve.