PDA

View Full Version : Things id like to see in future AC games game play wise

Neo_Age
12-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Not this is not about story aspects but Note this is not about story aspects but gameplay that I would like to see added or changed in future AC games (as I really hope AC3 isnt the last for consoles)

1. Upgradable knives. It seems like in all the games, knives eventually become useless for taking out guards, requiring two or three and unless its an early game guard they sound the alarm.

Maybe something with where they are coated with a fast acting poison or paralysis agent or some sort of optional (and expensive) training that lets you aim for a vital area (like the head, neck, or heart) so that the odds of a one hit kill increase?

2. Downgrade the crossbow bolts Ė It really makes no sense to have bolts and bullets be able to equally take out a Heavy (the guys walking around in full armor) with one shot. Bolts should be ideal for taking out light to moderate enemies (patrolmen and lightly armored enemies) and bullets be ideal for taking out heavies. (this assumes crossbows and the wrist gun will be returning in future games)

3. selectable secondary weapon Ė I loved the fact that certain weapons had secondary weapons, like the dagger would let you use throwing knives, sword use bullet, etc) but let me choose what secondary weapons are paired with what and deal with the conís of if I choose poorly.

4. Breakable weapons Ė It seems odd to me that armor routinely needs to go in for repairs but weapons are always 100% sharp. I can understand the hidden blades being like that but eventually even the strongest dagger or sword is going to chip and shatter if used too much. To this end obviously include being able to repair the weapons or risk them shattering while in combat and you having to rebuy that particular item.

5. If you find a weapon on a dead enemy be able to add it to your collection. I distinctly recall seeing a follower of Romulus holding a sultan dagger from AC2 (which was my favorite dagger) but didnít see it available at the smith. To balance this, make these weapons almost always have to go in for repairs when you first find them. Additionally add several weapons that only enemies have that you cant get from the smith (blades obviously, but things like unique poisons, ammo, etc)

6. I liked how in both AC2 and AC:B there are instances where you go under cover and would like to see this as an option rather than a scripted part of the game. Say for an example there is a side mission where there are a lot of enemies on patrol, I would like to either have already gotten their uniform (and keep it at the hideout) or kill a guard and take his outfit to slip in undetected. To prevent this from being over powered the condition of the uniform would have to be pretty good, meaning taking them out with the hidden blade to not get blood on it, uniforms being unique, etc. Missions that permit this sort of thing shouldnít be so hard that you have to go undercover though.

7. Be able to carry more smoke bombs. I get that these open up targets in the smoke to quick kills but three just seems to be too few. Increase it to say 5 or 6. Maybe add a chance of succumbing to your own smoke bomb effects to balance things if you use it too much.

8. tone down the poison darts (assuming they come back in AC3) Ė I donít mean get rid of them entirely but it seemed over powered compared to AC2 where you had to be sly about it. Walk up, inject them and walk away before anyone noticed. In AC:B you could be just in firing range and poison them and then just run off. To tone them down maybe limit the amount of darts you have (adding an additional ammo type), make the amount of poison on the darts just make the target really sick but not kill them or what have you.

9. Rework calling in the assassin recruits Ė They seemed a bit over powered at times, particularly when your chasing a target as all you had to do was just get in range and call in the troops for a sure fire kill regardless of how maneuverable your target was. Maybe make the recruits slip up every now and then and miss their target, lose sight of them, etc even if they are level 10 (not saying that it be a common occurrence but still be possible enough so that you donít just assume you have a kill)

10. In AC2 the codex made mention assassins being able to make multiple types of poison from local plants. Id like to see that implemented as a mini game of sorts where you make different poisons that do different things. Things like mimicking death (say you want a distraction but donít want to kill someone, like a civilian), paralysis, hallucinations where your targets turn on their friends and so forth.

Again these are just ideas I had based on observations from the previous games and hopefully AC3 is still at the point where new ideas can be added.

Maybe something with where they are coated with a fast acting poison or paralisis agent or some sort of optinal (and expensive) training that lets you aim for a vital area (like the head, neck, or heart) so that the odds of a one hit kill increase?

AMuppetMatt
12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
1. Not sure on that... there needs to be some sort of inferior weapon and I'm not sure you can really make a knife sharper for throwing. I think it's ok as it is.

2. A crossbow is going to be twice as powerful as a gun the size of a hummingbird in the 16th Century! I thought the gun was too good and enjoyed using the crossbow... got it as soon as possible. Maybe it should be more expensive or available later? It really is the ultimate ranged weapon and would encourage gun and knife use... make the gun worse in my opinion though.

3. Might be difficult for the animations but if they can pull it off they could give it a go. A neat idea.

4. Like this idea... but it would need to be gradual if it was, not instant (unless it was smashed by a Brute carrying an axe). Have like a percentage meter similar to what you get for mission success in Brotherhood that you can check whenever you visit a Blacksmiths.

5. Might be difficult if you don't know the weapons off by heart cause you might replace a good weapon with a cool looking one that's actually useless. Again, definitely a possibility though.

6. Wouldn't be able to be in the main memory section as that'd be too easy, but the idea is good for side missions... I'm a natural critic and I like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

7. Great idea. You've gotta drop it behind you or infront of you and move away otherwise you get affected by it. If you stay where you dropped it you get affected... very good idea, I never thought there were enough smoke bombs either.

8. Can't comment, I didn't really use them!

9. I liked how they did this and thought there were just right... but I can see what you mean. At times they seemed too good at assassinating and not good enough in combat to me... obviously people will have their own opinions. If they were to tweak it it would only have to be slightly I think. After all, if you don't like the way the recruits kill your target, don't use them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

10. Love it. It can have like a branch off of the weapon wheel with 3 or 4 different poison types. Love it.

Sorry if I seem over-critical... unfortunately I'm a natural critic so if I come across strongly I applogise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Neo_Age
12-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:

2. A crossbow is going to be twice as powerful as a gun the size of a hummingbird in the 16th Century! I thought the gun was too good and enjoyed using the crossbow... got it as soon as possible. Maybe it should be more expensive or available later? It really is the ultimate ranged weapon and would encourage gun and knife use... make the gun worse in my opinion though.

Sorry if I seem over-critical... unfortunately I'm a natural critic so if I come across strongly I applogise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Size of the firing device doesnt matter, its the force applied to the projectile that determines killing power. IE a bow string cant compete with gun powder when said powder is channeled down a pipe.

I recall seeing on the history channel of all things a brief example of the killing power of a cross bow verse the early firearms they were using against armor. Bolt from the crossbow put a big dent in the armor but the fire arm tore a three inch hole into the chest plate.

And no offense taken from your post as these are just ideas I had.

Turinrp
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
You have great ideas, the 10 it's so great, did you play AC Project Legacy? In some memories of the Rome Pack, you can do your own poison, something like that in a next AC would be great.

Avl521
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
You have good ideas there, they may not be extremely different or innovative to what's already in the game, but they are cool tweaks and additions.

That's why I recommend you put it in the Official AC3 Wishlist and Suggestions/Speculations... everything AC3 related I'd say (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)