View Full Version : The Importance of a Sense of Perspective

FlatSpinMan
02-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Abominations, butchery and atrocities:
World War One
World War Two
The Holocaust
Rwanda
Virtually any other war, conflict, police action you care to name.

NOT abominations, butchery or atrocities:
The geographically inaccurate labelling of towns on a computer game map which wasn't trying to be realisitic in the first place.

Get over it - it's a game.

tomtheyak
02-10-2007, 08:59 AM
+1

To paraphrase one of our itlay map whiners...

"This Italy map is an Atrocity"

No, "atrocities" include the Racial- and Ethnic cleansing in places like the former Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Uganda, Nazi Occupied Europe and Stalinist USSR.

The fact that this pathetic map situation is being compared to such disgusts me.

The only disrespect being shown to anyone is the map makers.

The ignorance of the whiners to the limiting factors behind this maps rather skewed geography irks me greatly.

Get over it.

Friendly_flyer
02-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Well put, FlatSpinMan!

Haigotron
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Well put!
Dont forget genocides other than the Holocaust, form the century early Armenian Genocide to the Atrocities in African Countries

Akronnick
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally spoken by Abraham Lincoln:
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate"”we can not consecrate"”we can not hallow"”this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.

Philipscdrw
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I really laughed aloud when I read this - in fact I applauded! Don't worry, all my housemates are several rooms away and didn't hear me clapping my hands like a 3-year-old...

LStarosta
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I really laughed aloud when I read this - in fact I applauded! Don't worry, all my housemates are several rooms away and didn't hear me clapping my hands like a 3-year-old...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Ceiling_cat_no_text.gif/300px-Ceiling_cat_no_text.gif