PDA

View Full Version : Install Problems

Kuluandres
02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi,
I´m new in this forum. I have a little problem with Il-2 Gold Pack installation. I bought Il-2 Gold Pack and when I tried install this game I got during installation message:"1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". Had anybody similar installation problems or I have alone this problem? did anybody knowes what going on and how fix this problem? I have too in my computer
Il-2 Sturmovik and this game runs perfectly. I have year ago installed IL2FB and also this game runs perfectly before I must due technical problems uninstall this game. Now DX diagnostic says that all is okey: My operation system is WinXPProfessional.

With regards
Andy

Kuluandres
02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi,
I´m new in this forum. I have a little problem with Il-2 Gold Pack installation. I bought Il-2 Gold Pack and when I tried install this game I got during installation message:"1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". Had anybody similar installation problems or I have alone this problem? did anybody knowes what going on and how fix this problem? I have too in my computer
Il-2 Sturmovik and this game runs perfectly. I have year ago installed IL2FB and also this game runs perfectly before I must due technical problems uninstall this game. Now DX diagnostic says that all is okey: My operation system is WinXPProfessional.

With regards
Andy

x__CRASH__x
02-28-2006, 01:54 AM
Post this in the community help forum. You'll get a better, more focused response.

Kuluandres
02-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Hi,
thank you. My mistake.

Andy

Capt.LoneRanger
02-28-2006, 01:59 AM
I had that problem once, but not with IL2. Some Windows file was missing or damaged. I don't know exactly, but I think I installed the .NET-software and then it worked again.

(IIRC some installation routines nowadays is more or less just a set of instructions for the windows installation routine. These are the .msi-files. If the neccessary routines are missing, it won't be able to install)

I'm not an IT-professional, though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Kuluandres
02-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Thank you. Game that I tried to install is Il2 Sturmovik Gold Pack ( Il-2 Forgotten Battles +
Aces Expansion Pack ).

Andy

Capt.LoneRanger
02-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Yes, I know - but as I don't have the Gold-Version, I don't know what routine is used for the installation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But the error surely sounds like a missing component of windows.