PDA

View Full Version : Help in using SLI video configuration

bernardpb
06-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Hello All,
I just added a second 6800GS in SLI mode to my PC. Adding the Card was easy. Windows said it was installed and working. I loaded the latest version of driver (84.21). My water texture graphics is all messed up.
Does anyone know what driver I should use now, and if SLI makes much of a differents?
The card I have can be returned so no lose if only one card works just as good.
I was running the game with water in perfict mode and it looked good but I would get studders every so often when I looked around the cockpit.
Any help or suggestions?
Thanks

bernardpb
06-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Hello All,
I just added a second 6800GS in SLI mode to my PC. Adding the Card was easy. Windows said it was installed and working. I loaded the latest version of driver (84.21). My water texture graphics is all messed up.
Does anyone know what driver I should use now, and if SLI makes much of a differents?
The card I have can be returned so no lose if only one card works just as good.
I was running the game with water in perfict mode and it looked good but I would get studders every so often when I looked around the cockpit.
Any help or suggestions?
Thanks

hamselv2
06-24-2006, 09:51 AM
I assume that you already connected the 2 graphics cards correctly to the board (and bridged).

I would either use official NVIDIA ForceWare drivers version 84.21 or 91.31 which are both WHQL.
When graphics drivers are installed, you go to the driver section for SLI configuration, and you activate SLI.

After that you download (and install) nHancer v2.0beta7 here http://www.nhancer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148

For playing Pacific Fighters/FB I load the il2fb.exe profile in nHancer (I use SLI in AFR mode).

Some other SLI related links:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/4731047824

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/2151011044

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/5121036334

bernardpb
06-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Hello hamselv2
I loaded nhancer and now I got my PC all screwed up . Could you tell me how I put the backup files were they are suppose to go. nvapps_backup_8195.xml and nvregistry_backup_8195.reg
Thanks

VVaFFenPanZZeR
06-26-2006, 09:36 AM
I've found that somtimes the latter drivers work better for PF+FB+AEP , i have a 6800ultra 256, and to get the water looking really good I had to go back to a 70 series driver.

Blottogg
06-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Okay, I've been scratching my head over this for months now, so can someone answer this question: in order to gain the benefits of SLI in FB/AEP/PF, do I need to run nHancer or not? Right now the answer seems to be "yes", as the default profile for Il-2 is AFR, and the 84.21 drivers don't allow you to change to SFR (individual game profiles also seem to be disabled with this driver version, since the "add profile" button is greyed out.) Do the 9X.XX drivers change this, or is nHancer still required? What are the pitfalls/problems associated with nHancer (if any)? Everything works right now (even if the performance is less than optimum) so I'd rather not goof something up (water, textures, artifacting, etc.) in an attempt to get a few more fps.

I've got dual 7800GT's, and they're running fine in other games, but I'm not seeing any benefit in FB/AEP/PF. at 1600x1200, AA:2Q, AF:4, water=3, in OpenGL. I'm getting ~ 25-50 fps (depending on ground objects mostly) off-line, which is about what I'd expect with a single 7800GT. It's perfectly playable, but I'd like to crank things up a notch, and get both cards to pull their own weight.

dodgenath
06-27-2006, 01:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blottogg:
Okay, I've been scratching my head over this for months now, so can someone answer this question: in order to gain the benefits of SLI in FB/AEP/PF, do I need to run nHancer or not? Right now the answer seems to be "yes", as the default profile for Il-2 is AFR, and the 84.21 drivers don't allow you to change to SFR (individual game profiles also seem to be disabled with this driver version, since the "add profile" button is greyed out.) Do the 9X.XX drivers change this, or is nHancer still required? What are the pitfalls/problems associated with nHancer (if any)? Everything works right now (even if the performance is less than optimum) so I'd rather not goof something up (water, textures, artifacting, etc.) in an attempt to get a few more fps.

I've got dual 7800GT's, and they're running fine in other games, but I'm not seeing any benefit in FB/AEP/PF. at 1600x1200, AA:2Q, AF:4, water=3, in OpenGL. I'm getting ~ 25-50 fps (depending on ground objects mostly) off-line, which is about what I'd expect with a single 7800GT. It's perfectly playable, but I'd like to crank things up a notch, and get both cards to pull their own weight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive just got SLI too with 6800GT's and got really bad results when using the default profile. Definetely use nHancer, its basically the same as normal control panel, but has explinations for everything, and has far more features to play with. I haven't notice any downfalls at all. Ill test it with one card and in SFR mode and get back to you
cheers

dodgenath
06-27-2006, 02:14 AM
First off my settings:
1600*1200 2AA and 8AF Vsync on (60hz) 24" Dell LCD.
Full graphics, new clouds and water=3

Black death track:
Single: ave 19 min 13
SFR: ave 25 min 14
SFR: 4aa 16AF ave 19 min 14
With no Vsync
SFR: ave:32.6 min: 17
single: ave: 22.8 min: 13

So thats about 30% increase over single card with vsync and 44% without it.

Blottogg
06-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks dodgenath. I figure I'll run nHancer too, but I've come across one or two "nHancer blew up my computer and gave my cat cancer" posts which made me willing to put up with what I think is single-card performance.

dodgenath
06-28-2006, 01:41 AM
nHancer would only blow up ur computer n give your cat cancer if you played with things that you had no idea in what they did. Keep it simple n change only the things your familiar with like sli modes and aa n af