PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

SAS-UK-Maverick
02-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi all (apologies about the name) - I was a regular online player of IL2 FB and recently set up a wireless internet connection in our house. I have the latest version of the game installed (2.04) but now whenever I try and join a server I invariably time out before I can join the game. I have no firewalls stopping me from accessing the servers and this is the only game that I have the problem with.
Please can anyone shed some knowledge on the matter?

Thanks in advance

SAS-UK-Maverick
02-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi all (apologies about the name) - I was a regular online player of IL2 FB and recently set up a wireless internet connection in our house. I have the latest version of the game installed (2.04) but now whenever I try and join a server I invariably time out before I can join the game. I have no firewalls stopping me from accessing the servers and this is the only game that I have the problem with.
Please can anyone shed some knowledge on the matter?

Thanks in advance

Taylortony
02-24-2005, 01:05 PM
The timeout is a known issue, ok if you are playing on a LAN you may well have problems as your pc is a different IP to the one connecting through to the net.

But first go on windows START ...... Program files / all programs.......UBISOFT Folder..... then go to the last window as to start a game offline from the start window but in there click on setup

it will open a window, click on the network tab you may see a window there called IP and the word default in it..... Click on default then set the bottom number as the IP so it reads in the IP window ( Click on the number) then close it and try again, it should not timeout now, if it does try the other numbers in there, it needs to use you IP to connect Default wont..

BTW not all have this window, you might not have it.