PDA

View Full Version : how to preform differnt couter kills on PC

wisha18
05-30-2008, 06:50 AM
im would like to know how you can preform different counter kills.

sometimes when i use short blade he grabs his enemy at breaks his neck but that rarly happens.

ScytheOfGrim
05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
There are counters, which are, more often than naught, one hit kills, and these are randomized, so you have no control over what he does whatsoever.

And you have combo kills. These are done by timing the press of the attack button with the moment Altair's sword meets the sword of your enemy.
These are also randomized.

I believe you were asking about the second.

HannahIsMyName
05-30-2008, 06:56 AM
there are different kilss for different weapons. you can kill people in different ways with the hidden blades.
iv tried pressing loads of different buttons, but i cant control the way he kills them. i think he just kills them however he wants to

altairego
05-30-2008, 06:59 AM
not just "HOW" he wants to. the fastest possible and bloodiest way is his choice.

HannahIsMyName
05-30-2008, 07:04 AM
yeah,
*mutters under breath* showoff

but i guess his exellant fighting skills are something to show off

altairego
05-30-2008, 07:10 AM
he is rather a showoff *grins evilly* that's why i like him.
the game chooses the randomness of teh different counter kills -- sometimes i want to see break the knee one, isntead he stabs him in the neck.

HannahIsMyName
05-30-2008, 07:12 AM
yeah thats why i like him too.
although people who show off a lot annoy me.
it actually makes him sexier when he does it

altairego
05-30-2008, 07:16 AM
the man is like friggin dervish -- i need slow mo, man!

spook13
06-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Agree, slo-mo would be a nice addition to the game.

The game takes over with kill animations but this looks to be the result of correct player control input...I don't think it's ever randomized beyond one kill at a time.

But, the big assassination fights can get so furious it's often hard to tell...it's enough to just hang on and keep from getting thrown and cornered.

ScytheOfGrim
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
The game takes over with kill animations but this looks to be the result of correct player control input...I don't think it's ever randomized beyond one kill at a time.

It's randomized randomized randomized.

Go ahead and spend the next twenty years of your life trying to figure out the commands and how to control them... you'll never find out how...

Because it's randomized randomized randomized.

spook13
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I know, it's hard to keep control in big fast fights...you grab and throw one guy down, lock on and go for the kill, then get randomly relocked onto another attacking opponent before you can finish the first off. Frustrating, but guess it does add to the realism factor.

No-brainer kills are the rank and file guards and archers...one to four easy chops does it. Since they can inflict melee-combat damage with rear attacks and arrows, I always try to get them out of the way before concentrating on the tougher opponents, the officers and knights.

spy.dyr.byte
06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
It's randomized randomized randomized.

Go ahead and spend the next twenty years of your life trying to figure out the commands and how to control them... you'll never find out how...

Because it's randomized randomized randomized.

Not QUITE correct, based on my experience.

There is randomness in the finishing moves - true.
But the menu of random moves depends on the type of attack by the opponent (strong/regular) and the type of weapon you are using (hidden blade, short blade, long blade).

Finally, you can influence at least one "finisher" - the one where you stun your opponent and he kind sways in front of you like a ripe fruit on a tree in slioght breeze. If you then slash him, you will kill him. If you press your "legs" button (the one you normally blend with) you will kick in his knees, breaking his legs to a nice cracking sound effect - leaving him writhing and moaning in pain, I believe this has some deterrent effect on your other attackers and may make them run earlier, but have not tested that conclusively yet.

HTH

http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif <---Wish someone could mod this smiley a bit to make it an Altair Kill.

altairego
06-03-2008, 08:02 PM
hell, i've never had a kick that was not part of a combo or counter kill. *runs to try*

ScytheOfGrim
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
There is the very random occurrence in which Altair stuns the guard instead of doing a full, all-out counter.
This is where the enemy stands daazed for half a second, and then falls to the ground.

In this case, you have three options:

1. You can let them fall to the floor dazed.
2. You can press the attack button and influence Altair's combo, in which he deals the finishing blow with hi weapon.
3. You can press the sprint button and break your enemy's legs.

As you said, this is the only true control over any of the combos, but you still cannot control when this type of counter occurs and when it doesn't, and that is what I meant by "randomized".

spy.dyr.byte
06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Right, what he said.

I think we are saying the same thing. I only made the point of bringing that up because I just learned how to do the leg break, and it really appeals to my sadistic side... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
There is the very random occurrence in which Altair stuns the guard instead of doing a full, all-out counter. That's not random, it only happens when you counter the strong, slow attack. When fighting Templars or high-level enemies, I just defend until they come at me with a strong attack, then counter and break their legs for a one-hit kill.

Quick attacks are completely random and always result in instant death when countered.

I haven't paid much attention to this, but I think it has something to do with Altair's position towards the attacker. If he's countering an attack from behind, more often than not I've noticed that with the long sword he does the counter where he sticks his sword in their gut and spins around, or also the one where he jumps out of the way so that they fall in front of them and he slices their backs.

May not be true, though.