PDA

View Full Version : How bright do you play the game?

salted onions
11-26-2009, 09:34 PM
This is one thing that just kept annoying me. When it's night time, it's supposed too be dark, yes? Well, I like the games too be realistic, but not impossible to play either. If I put my brightness at 7/10, then I can hardly tell whether or not it's day or night since I can still pretty much see anything. when I put the brightness at 6/10, when there's no moonlight, I'm pretty much blind. But that makes the game more realistic doesn't it? But eyes adjust too the dark, so something inbetween these brightness level would've been nice. Funny how I realize this after playing through the entire game on 8/10 brightness. I kind of want too replay the entire story again on another brightness level http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Enough of my ranting, how about you guys? What are your thoughts on the brightness levels and how it affects day/night gameplay?

Silhouelle
11-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I originally played on 6/10, which I believe was the default setting. I found nighttime to be too bright and as a result very unrealistic looking. I lowered it to 5/10 and have been using that since. Day time looks like daytime and nighttime is dark enough to make me believe its night, while still letting me see enough to play the game. The rooftops or wide open streets for example, are generally somewhat lit by the moon so I can see fine there. Go into some alley way or such, can barely see Ezio.

At fist it put me at odds with it, but I actually like it now, it adds a sense of caution 'cause I never know if theres a guard around the corner (for whatever reason, some guards don't show on my minimap :b). ^^;

BAMB0
11-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess it depends on your TV settings.

I was running at 8/10 for majority of my first play through and, like you, didn't really notice this until I was done the game lol. At 8 it was pretty bright out at night as if the moonlight was as bright as sunlight. I lowered it to 6 and it was just straight pitch black darkness. At 7 its not too bad, day time looks nice and makes the colors vibrate more. While night time is dark enough to make me realize that I'm actually playing at night while having visibility of Ezio.

Some missions and cutscenes though I have to change it because it gets too dark. Especially the crap cut scenes that don't use the in game engine. Like the recap at the start of the game and the cutscene when your fighting your final assassination target.

green_abobo
11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
default level. 6 i belive it is.

i dont strain the eyes too much. just eagle vision.