PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood won't start after "Preparing to launch" window - Steam

MastramelBE
06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm having some problems with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, when I press play the "preparing to launch" window from steam pops up for a second or two, dissapears again and nothing happens!

I would love to get some help on this one, if you need any information in order to help, ask and I will provide as best as I can.

I have tried:

Renaming Clientregistry
Deleting all folders except steamapps and steam.exe
Deleting local files and redownloading
Deleting local files and redownloading with all background programs off
Verifying cache at least 10 times
Installing all first time programs via the game folder(punkbuster, directx etc)
Updated drives
Windows updates
MSconfig stuff
Running the folder .exe as administrator
Reinstalling launcher with the installer in folder
Reinstalling launcher with installer downloaded from internet
Renaming .exe

After all this, the issue still remanes the same...

My PC meets the requirements to play the game.

Thanks

KingDaniel0
06-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by MastramelBE:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood won't start after "Preparing to launch" window - Steam

Can you Launch the Game by clicking on the Game's executable file i.e. ACBSP.exe ?

Tell me one thing, do you have the following SAVES folder under your Windows OS path ? If not, then try to Manually create this 'Saves' folder, and see if doing this solves your problem or not ?

e.g.

Under Win7 and Vista OS:
C:\Users\<your USERNAME>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saves

Under Win XP OS:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your USERNAME>\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saves

----------------------------------------------------------

MastramelBE
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MastramelBE:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood won't start after "Preparing to launch" window - Steam

Can you Launch the Game by clicking on the Game's executable file i.e. ACBSP.exe ?

Tell me one thing, do you have the following SAVES folder under your Windows OS path ? If not, then try to Manually create this 'Saves' folder, and see if doing this solves your problem or not ?

e.g.

Under Win7 and Vista OS:

Under Win XP OS:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your USERNAME>\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saves

---------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As stated in my first post, I have tried running the game via the .exe in the game folder, unfortunatly neither that, the multiplayer exe or the uplay exe(if it is one at least) don't do anything.

And I have tried solving the issue by doing the stuff you mentioned, with the saves folder, also didn't change it.

Cheers

MastramelBE
06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Some info that might help:

Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
Monitor:
Sound Card: Luidsprekers (Razer Megalodon)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Motherboard:

kataphractos
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
You could try going to MSCONFIG (you can find it in the search box) and under the GENERAL tab check SELECTIVE STARTUP and uncheck LOAD STARTUP ITEMS. Then reboot PC and try running the game.
Good luck and please tell me if it works.

justinpunny
06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MastramelBE:
I'm having some problems with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, when I press play the "preparing to launch" window from steam pops up for a second or two, dissapears again and nothing happens!

The solution which 'kingdaniel' posted above for creating a SAVES folder is actually correct, and it has known to work for few STEAM users.

But anyway, i've no idea why the game does not run on your PC. Your PC specs should not be the cause behind this, imo. Have you gone through this Steam faq:

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=6218-USFX-5568 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6218-USFX-5568)

Originally posted by kataphractos:
You could try going to MSCONFIG (you can find it in the search box) and under the GENERAL tab check SELECTIVE STARTUP and uncheck LOAD STARTUP ITEMS. Then reboot PC and try running the game.

I think, he has already tried this method. read his first post again. Btw, doing this method will Not necessarily overcome such problem with any game launching issue.

MastramelBE
06-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by justinpunny:
But anyway, i've no idea why the game does not run on your PC. Your PC specs should not be the cause behind this, imo. Have you gone through this Steam faq:

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=6218-USFX-5568 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6218-USFX-5568)

I have tried/done everything in that FAQ but nothing has resolved the issue, unfortunatly...

Originally posted by kataphractos:

Have done this already, thanks though.

DeakonFrost997
07-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi,

I had the very same problem and I also tried everything mentioned above.
One time I had the same problem when developing with Qt. For me the following solution works fine:

1) go to the folder where the Ubisoft GameLauncher is installed, usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher"
2) in that folder create a file named "qt.conf"
3) with a text editor open "qt.conf" and enter the following three (3) lines:
[Paths]
Prefix=
Plugins=./imageformats
4) save the file
5) start the game and enjoy!

Best regards,

mjk1130
07-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MastramelBE:

e.g.

Under Win7 and Vista OS:

Under Win XP OS:

---------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHHHH THANK YOU! I just had to log in and say thank you soooo much! I've contacted both Steam and Ubisoft and they couldn't find me a solution! But your saves folder solution worked! I've been trying to play the damn thing for SO long! Thanks! Cheers

thury1
05-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I am having trouble with my game as well.
When i load Assassins Creed Brotherhood it loads up normal but then it says its not responding...could i have done something wrong or is it just my computer?

Mr_Shade
05-20-2012, 08:30 PM
You should contact Ubisoft Support.

They can be contacted via the links in my signature.

nikicha100
12-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Should the game be installed on the ( C ) Folder?

irontuba96
12-30-2013, 11:11 PM

e.g.

Under Win7 and Vista OS:

Under Win XP OS:

----------------------------------------------------------

I have windows 8, what is the path to create a Saves folder?

Defalt82
10-21-2014, 04:58 PM
I cant find a folder named as Document and settings under disk C!!! What to do!???

YazX_
10-21-2014, 10:26 PM
I cant find a folder named as Document and settings under disk C!!! What to do!???

are you using windows xp?

if so, you need to show hidden files/folders as far as i recall:

1. in windows explorer, Click on View --> Folder options
2. Click on View tab.
3. Check the radio button that says "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

SpiritBomb2012
07-17-2016, 06:19 PM
heh ive had this problem a long time. im using W10. and well ive tried adding saved folder and everything. for some reason cracking my main .exe makes it run. i put the original .exe's back and it stopped working. i decided to run the game as Administrator and it worked some how. now i want a 100% save game as im not completing the whole game again as the crack i used to make it run well apparently it stops it from saving the game offline to a folder.