PDA

View Full Version : OT: Russian planes strafing troops caught on audio tape

Plelv44_Mangrov
03-17-2007, 07:02 AM
The tape was recorded at Märkäjärvi, Finland (in Lapland) in early 1940. Finnish Group Roininen and Swedish Flygflottilj 19 had delayed the enemy 122th Division for many months.

Select "Näyte selostuksesta" to hear the part where the enemy planes attack Finnish troops.

The tape (http://www.yle.fi/elavaarkisto/?s=s&g=1&ag=3&t=19&a=256)

- The buzz of an airplane is getting louder. The sound of anti-aircraft machine gun was heard just a moment ago.
- Now I see two of them. They are closing in. The cars on the road are driving to air shelters. Two black-side aeroplanes, which aren't so high, are coming straight at.
- Two fighters, they are shooting with machine guns (* machine gun fire *) (* planes flying over *)
- The men are quickly moving to the shelters. The planes continue firing with machine guns.
- Now I, too, am running to shelter, if I have time. I'm trying to get this radio with me so I could transmit from there.

Plelv44_Mangrov
03-17-2007, 07:02 AM
The tape was recorded at Märkäjärvi, Finland (in Lapland) in early 1940. Finnish Group Roininen and Swedish Flygflottilj 19 had delayed the enemy 122th Division for many months.

Select "Näyte selostuksesta" to hear the part where the enemy planes attack Finnish troops.

The tape (http://www.yle.fi/elavaarkisto/?s=s&g=1&ag=3&t=19&a=256)

- The buzz of an airplane is getting louder. The sound of anti-aircraft machine gun was heard just a moment ago.
- Now I see two of them. They are closing in. The cars on the road are driving to air shelters. Two black-side aeroplanes, which aren't so high, are coming straight at.
- Two fighters, they are shooting with machine guns (* machine gun fire *) (* planes flying over *)
- The men are quickly moving to the shelters. The planes continue firing with machine guns.
- Now I, too, am running to shelter, if I have time. I'm trying to get this radio with me so I could transmit from there.

F19_Orheim
03-17-2007, 07:32 AM
NIce FIND!!!! Thanx!!!

Plelv44_Mangrov
03-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Bump!

Vipez-
03-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, the sample is the lower one, says "vuosi 1940 | kesto: 1.18", and clicking on Play-icon will open the sample..

leitmotiv
03-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Nobody was excited---amazing!