PDA

View Full Version : Well how about early stuff then ....

OhCanada
09-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Any thing in the rumor mill that will see early war add-ons or new games, such as ...

1. Poland
2. France / North Atlantic-Norway
3. North Africa / Mediterranean / Italy
4. Dedicated Europe, say mid'41 to May'45

Don't mean to scare ya Oleg, just asking. Not that Oleg has time on his hands or anything.

But they would sure cover it all.

ElAurens
09-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Actually I'd like to see the air war in China from 1937 to just before America's entry into the conflict.

Lots of very interesting aircraft types on both sides.

LEBillfish
09-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
Actually I'd like to see the air war in China from 1937 to just before America's entry into the conflict.

Lots of very interesting aircraft types on both sides.

I agree, I'd love to try flying an I-16 sometime http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Philipscdrw
10-02-2006, 04:30 AM
I think it's fairly sure that Storms of War will go to the Mediterranean after BoB. And I'm also fairly sure that the intention is to license the BoB engine to other sim-developers, so we could get all sorts of BoB-based sims. I'm hoping for a soaring sim...

WOLFMondo
10-02-2006, 05:40 AM
I hope we do see the med as an expansion. Not just for the planes, but for the ships too. With the size of the maps, a whole Malta convoy campaign as an FAA pilot would be really good fun.

Mysticpuma2003
10-02-2006, 05:47 AM
I am hoping for B-17 and B-24 flyable in a USAAF expansion pack. Without the US aircraft, I am going to have a hard time justifying the BoB purchase (initially).

And lets hope for gods saake they don't use Starforce of Boonty!

OhCanada
10-04-2006, 04:45 PM
That's right! China late 1930s, A5Ms!!! Now that would be nice.

The Phillipines (P-26 Peashooters) don't forget.

We could go on and on and on. Atleast Oleg wouldn't be out of a job, .... or we'd drive him to retirement.

Philipscdrw
10-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:
I am hoping for B-17 and B-24 flyable in a USAAF expansion pack. Without the US aircraft, I am going to have a hard time justifying the BoB purchase (initially).

C'mon, broaden your horizons! Embrace the foreign planes! Yes, the cockpit is cramped compared to the US equivalent, but the vehicle is so much more elegant, more stylish!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fortress and Liberator flew with the RAF, and Liberator flew in the Mediterranean (eventually) as well as every other theatre. If SoW does end up covering theatres across the globe then a Liberator would be very versatile.

The FAA and the RAF in the Med used some US aircraft - is that good enough?

And you know you're going to get BoB - if you like Il-2, how on earth can you resist???

(Also, the Fortress and Liberator aren't exactly early-war aircraft - they didn't see much action before 1941, and the war was half-over by then! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif )

VW-IceFire
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

I hope that doesn't stop you. I do have high hopes to get some USAAF and later RAF (and the requisit Luftwaffe and even Soviet) aircraft into the mix later...but anything that flies is good with me. I hope that a lack of one nation or anothers aircraft doesn't stop you.

JamesBlonde888
10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Philipscdrw:

C'mon, broaden your horizons! Embrace the foreign planes! Yes, the cockpit is cramped compared to the US equivalent, but the vehicle is so much more elegant, more stylish!

And they go around corners, something that has mystified US auto and aero engineers for centuries.

DuxCorvan
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
US planes in SOW? Well, looks like Bob was an election not to need them... Don't know if US companies issues with 1C are solved.

Kwiatos
10-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by OhCanada:
Any thing in the rumor mill that will see early war add-ons or new games, such as ...

1. Poland
2. France / North Atlantic-Norway
3. North Africa / Mediterranean / Italy
4. Dedicated Europe, say mid'41 to May'45

Don't mean to scare ya Oleg, just asking. Not that Oleg has time on his hands or anything.

But they would sure cover it all.

Its pity to say but i dont think that we will see September 1939 addon (Poland) after BoB or anytime after http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

badatflyski
10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
dlaczego to muwisz kwiatos?, co sie stalo? od dawna niema jusz na net'cie strony 9/39 ale niemoglem znalesc zadnych informacii co dalej z tym prejektem.Masz jakis link o tym temacie?