PDA

View Full Version : So ive been doing a lot of real flying recently... hope for the future of clouds!

dazza9806482
04-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Before anyone gets excited its in a passenger plane for business trips. Invariably I sit at a window (or change to a window seat), and spend the whole flight staring out at the sky.

it really is beautiful and so incredibly varied. The sheer complexity of cloud formations and different levels of clouds and towering mountains of dense clouds got me thinking...

clouds!

i mean considering the level of detail we have now in IL2, how completely revolutionary a push towards more realisim in this regard will be.

i remember reading somewhere about a pilot recalling how they would wheel around the sky, dipping into cloud valleys and round the top of peaks.

much as a love il2 and its amazing graphics i couldnt help but wonder how cool it will be when we hopefully reach that level of realisim.

i look out the window and imagine 109s and p51s fighting in a deep blue sky with an unending blanket landscape of thick cloud!

added to that realistic weather and dynamic changes its really exciting.

i wonder how close BOB will come?

dazza9806482
04-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Before anyone gets excited its in a passenger plane for business trips. Invariably I sit at a window (or change to a window seat), and spend the whole flight staring out at the sky.

it really is beautiful and so incredibly varied. The sheer complexity of cloud formations and different levels of clouds and towering mountains of dense clouds got me thinking...

clouds!

i mean considering the level of detail we have now in IL2, how completely revolutionary a push towards more realisim in this regard will be.

i remember reading somewhere about a pilot recalling how they would wheel around the sky, dipping into cloud valleys and round the top of peaks.

much as a love il2 and its amazing graphics i couldnt help but wonder how cool it will be when we hopefully reach that level of realisim.

i look out the window and imagine 109s and p51s fighting in a deep blue sky with an unending blanket landscape of thick cloud!

added to that realistic weather and dynamic changes its really exciting.

i wonder how close BOB will come?

Capt.LoneRanger
04-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Let's hope for coming E3.