PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik

EMB3003
07-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi,
I wish to purchase this game after playing my friend's version, yet I a bit confused as to wish deal I should go with.

Is there a compilation pack that features the following games? (I believe this list is the whole series):

*IL-2 Sturmovik (Original, Standalone)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (Sequel, Standalone)
*IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Aces Expansion Pack (Expansion to the Sequel)
*IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Rebirth of Honor (2nd Expansion to the Sequel, 3rd Party)
*Pacific Fighters (Sequel to Forgotten Battles, Standalone)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: PE-2 (Add-on)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Barbarossa (Add-on)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Fall Blau (Add-on)

Also what exactly does IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 include?

Thanks in advance.

EMB3003
07-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi,
I wish to purchase this game after playing my friend's version, yet I a bit confused as to wish deal I should go with.

Is there a compilation pack that features the following games? (I believe this list is the whole series):

*IL-2 Sturmovik (Original, Standalone)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (Sequel, Standalone)
*IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Aces Expansion Pack (Expansion to the Sequel)
*IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Rebirth of Honor (2nd Expansion to the Sequel, 3rd Party)
*Pacific Fighters (Sequel to Forgotten Battles, Standalone)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: PE-2 (Add-on)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Barbarossa (Add-on)
*IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Fall Blau (Add-on)

Also what exactly does IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 include?

Thanks in advance.

Hydra454
07-28-2007, 01:29 PM
1946 includes everything bro.Everything meaning Forgotten Battles on down your list,with the exception of the 3rd party add-ons.

foxyboy1964
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
1946 includes...

Forgotten Battles
Ace Exp Pack
Pacific Fighters
Pe-2(add on)
Sturmoviks Over Manchuria(add on)
1946(add on)

It really is the only thing you need to buy, although the 3rd party stuff wont go amiss.

EMB3003
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EMB3003:
Muchas grazias amigos! So, 1946 doesn't include the original, Operation Barbarossa, Fall Balu and Battle over Europe? By the way what is the next instalment of Sturmovik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Platypus_1.JaVA
07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EMB3003:
Muchas grazias amigos! So, 1946 doesn't include the original, Operation Barbarossa and Fall Balu? By the way what is the next instalment of Sturmovik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are just add-on packs. They give you a couple of missions and a couple of skins but there is not any real new content in those add-ons. It contains nothing that you can't find on the internet for free. By Buying and installing IL-2 1946 and patching it up to 4.08, you have the latest and best version of the game. Going online will not be a problem then. Diffrent versions of the game will not be compatibile with eachother. So if you have 4.02, you can't connect to a game server that runs on version 4.08.

If you need any help with installing skins or missions, feel free to ask again.

Happy flying!!

Taylortony
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Muchas grazias amigos! So, 1946 doesn't include the original, Operation Barbarossa, Fall Balu and Battle over Europe? By the way what is the next instalment of Sturmovik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgotten Battles is the original with a lot of add ons. It was going to be an add on to IL2, but there was so much it was released as a complete game which incorporated it..... so you have it in 1946 as Forgotten Battles.

It is not reaward compatible with the standalone IL2 (the original) and IL2 cannot be expanded further than the couple of patches it originally had..........

So as said get 1946 as it has the whole series bar the thrird party add ons mentioned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Unless there is another patch, the next version will be a completely new one on a new engine called Storm of War Battle of Britain

Zeus-cat
07-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Forgotten Battles is a modified version of the original IL-2. If you have Forgotten Battles you don't need the original IL-2.

Get IL-2 1946 and the 4.08m patch and you have everything. We should get one final patch in the future.

EMB3003
07-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone.

Hawgdog
07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
If you fly online of course, You'll have to have '46 as its mostly the only game online.
IF you're only going to fly offline, the first game is simply fantastic!

EMB3003
07-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Well since 1946 contains the original game, it looks like I will be doing both.

Thanks once again guys, you have made it a lot clearer!

Skycat_2
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
As they said, get IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 version. It is the anthology of the entire IL-2 series, or at least the components that were released by the developer, 1C: Maddox Games.

The 1946 DVD is the final version of all the 'merged' components of the series, from Forgotten Battles (2003) through '46 and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria (2007). As a bonus, the scripted campaigns from the original IL-2 Sturmovik game (2001) -- think of it as the beta for Forgotten Battles -- were reinstated to the series. So, you essentially have all parts of the official IL-2 canon represented on one DVD.

"Battle Over Europe" is a third-party missions expansion that adds dynamic campaigns for the USAAF, Luftwaffe, and (after it is patched) for the RAF. Russian Rocket Group developed it with a cooperation from 1C:MG, but it was released by a different publisher so I guess licensing issues prohibited it from being included on the 1946 DVD. The Normandy and Ardennes maps that are on the 1946 DVD were built by the BOE team for their product. RRG went on to co-develop Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, '46 and Sturmviks Over Manchuria. If you want to include BOE to your game, look at JustFlight.com or GoGamer.com.

OstFront is a similar dynamic campaigns add-on, developed by Ian Boys for the Kurland and Murmansk maps that he constructed and which are included on the 1946 DVD. Like with BOE, you won't get any additional flyable planes or maps by purchasing this add-on, just more dynamic campaign options and more custom skins for the existing aircraft models.

Other titles like The Last Days, Wings Over Waves, Wings Over Jungles, Wings Over the Citadel, Combat Over Europe, Aces Campaigns, Banzai!, Case Blau, Rebirth of Honor and others are also independent missions expansions. There are several of these titles simply because the tools to build custom missions are provided by the developer and it is relatively easy for energetic mission designers to enter into the market with a marketable product. (By 'easy,' I only mean that they don't have to write any new code or build new maps or 3-D models to be competitive.)

"Operation Barbarossa" was the first 'third-party' commercial missions addon published for the IL-2 series. It was produced before Forgotten Battles and then was updated at least once for FB.

EMB3003
07-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Xiolablu3
07-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Sturmovik 1946 is the only one you need. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Get online as soon as you can, its amazing.

M_Gunz
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
1946 is more than just added planes and maps -- don't be fooled by fools!

1946 is 4.07 with improved handling which alone merits more than added planes and maps.

Also TaylorTony, original IL2 1.0 had 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, and leap to 1.1 then last is 1.2.
Couple patches my six! That all went down between release Nov 2001 and Sept 2002, the most
active time of the series patchwise and by interaction with Oleg Maddox and as well.

Yah, just a couple patches... and WWII was over in a year.