PDA

View Full Version : freedom vs realism...think about it.

Massy_R
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
ok heres my point. The jade girl and ubisoft said that you will have alot of freedom in the game so: when they give you the name of the guy you want to assassinate, you can go kill him OR just have fun running around like an idiot in the city. okay its cool, heres the problem.

they said blah blah blah REALISM. so if , let say , you get all the info about the guy you need to kill. you know he will be in a certain part of the city during the day. IF THERE IS a day/night system (if not, its gay) and you liked more to run around and chill instead of killing him during that day..what happen?

you need to get info of where he will be the next day?

or he always stay at the same place? (haha bullsh!t, lords and important people dont have a 'routine' during the 3rd crusade.)

what will the Jady girl and ubisoft do? I'd like some missions with a random 'routines' system, the game could generate different place where the guy would be at different day (like 7 places for 7 day, after they just take again those 7 place but in different order for the next 7 day etc etc etc)

OR something like..this day you will have the next 12 hour to kill him (you understand that after getting the info)...if you dont kill, you fail.

HOPE they have a day/night system and a wheater system , if not..all they said on realism is ****.

sireatsalot91
07-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I thought there was a discussion kinda like this somewhere else and someone posted that each assassination would take place in a single day or something like that. So if you miss your target at a public announcement or something he'll be at his house or whereever he stays. I, too, was hoping for day and night, but this isn't too bad, i mean how realistic is running around a city for 48 hours straight? i know i would cramp up pretty fast or pull something cus i don't run. some people call me fat, but my mommy says im just big skinned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Boromir323
07-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Jade hinted there was no day/night system, so I'm thinking there is none. All your missions take place at a set time so you cant skip or miss an assassination. There could possibly be night missions or a night/day cycle but it wont happen during your assassination missions.

chewie1890
07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
No day and night cycle so you might as well forget about this game if you think its 'gay'. Each mission takes place during a specific point in the time-line.

I don't know about you but this seems to be the most realistic way of pulling this off. The scenario you proposed of the same routine happening but on different days would be oh so repetitive and extremely unlikely. They had more stuff to do than seven different things that they did every day but on varying days throughout the week.

I think it's terribly close-minded to say that if there was no day/night cycle all of their realism is gone...

Massy_R
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
well they just cut off alot of possibility if there is no night..or no rain or anything like that..

you know..assassin..night..assassin..night..there is normaly like a link between those 2...

its nice that the jady girl talk about real one-hit dead etc etc...but if you want a game that concentrate on realism and freedom..at least make night and day..

game gonna be awsome but they kill a little bit the realism...

sireatsalot91
07-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Massy_R:
well they just cut off alot of possibility if there is no night..or no rain or anything like that..

you know..assassin..night..assassin..night..there is normaly like a link between those 2...

its nice that the jady girl talk about real one-hit dead etc etc...but if you want a game that concentrate on realism and freedom..at least make night and day..

I don't think it rained too much in the middle east, I don't know since i have never been there, but it always seems so hot and dry in pictures. Then again pictures can be misleading. And I think your forgetting that this isn't a hide-in-the-shadows game. You have to blend in, not slink in shadows. Also, white clothes always seem to kinda glow in the dark to me, so hiding in the shadows would be a little difficult with Altair's light colored clothes.

StealthShottz
07-20-2007, 04:48 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif It is hot and desertlike in the middle east. The only weather you might get is wind and sandstorms caused by the wind.

Altair in the snow would be awesome though lol

ScytheOfGrim
07-20-2007, 04:52 AM
it doesnt rain alot here...

in fact, using the word "alot" is an overstatement...it doesnt rain at all here...

thaaaat's better...

snow...we get some of those in the mountains around syria and lebanon. i know people that go skiing there.

i also think that jade said that the assassin stronghold is on-top of a mountain in syria...sooooo...i dunno...

StealthShottz
07-20-2007, 04:56 AM
That could possibly be a reason why they have white robes, they aren't easily seen walking around their stronghold in the snow while wearing white.

ScytheOfGrim
07-20-2007, 05:05 AM
didnt think of that...you're right!!

might help them escape from the guards if they're chased up there!! but i guess thats a wild guess... a wild educated guess...

moqqy
07-20-2007, 09:45 AM
no the guards wont chase them near their strongholds.. if i remember correctly they had around 70 fortresses in a close distance in syria.. if the guards came close they would be killed. if whole armies couldnt take them down i dont think the assassins would need to be very afraid of few guards coming there.

also massy, nights and assassins isnt normally connected to each other in the nizari ( hashashiyyn, hashashin, assassins, if u wanna use the misnomers:P ) case

gamepro11
07-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by sireatsalot91:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Massy_R:

I don't think it rained too much in the middle east, I don't know since i have never been there, but it always seems so hot and dry in pictures. Then again pictures can be misleading. And I think your forgetting that this isn't a hide-in-the-shadows game. You have to blend in, not slink in shadows. Also, white clothes always seem to kinda glow in the dark to me, so hiding in the shadows would be a little difficult with Altair's light colored clothes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> actually your right. it didn't rain too much in the middle east at all, so that would be realism if they didn't put in rain, plus in the middle east it only rains in one part of the year and the rest is hot, hot hot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif but the night and day thing works backwards if you think about it, Altair uses social stealth, the streets were very dangerous at night back in the middle ages so Altair would probably stay in the day because he needs people to blend into.