PDA

View Full Version : The plane won't go straight during take off

Winged_Dagger
10-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Please help when it try to take off the plane veers left (without touching the rudder) how do i correct this, I am using a microsft sidewinder with throttle.

What am i doing wrong please help?

Winged_Dagger
10-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Please help when it try to take off the plane veers left (without touching the rudder) how do i correct this, I am using a microsft sidewinder with throttle.

What am i doing wrong please help?

Chuck_Older
10-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Nothing is wrong. This is effect from the propeller. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and so forth

The prop spinning one way tends to make the plane veer the other way

Counter this with your rudder. Standard operating procedure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ChrisMcGee2004
10-26-2004, 07:54 AM
This is caused by the torque; turning moment, i guess. ; )

WOLFMondo
10-26-2004, 07:55 AM
You need to apply a little rudder trim in the opposite direction of the way the propeller is spinning. You'll also need a little aileron trim also to counter the engine torque. You can do this just by holding the stick but its a little easier to use trim. I think with the corsair is 6 degrees right on the rudder and 6 degrees positive on the right aileron. Check out Zeno's warbird drive in, very handy for learning the basics of some of the planes in FB/Aces/PF.

Trim is one of the best things to learn as its very handy not only for making your plane fly straight or at a desired angle but also countering the drag caused by battle damage.

Winged_Dagger
10-26-2004, 08:03 AM
thanks