PDA

View Full Version : Having strange lockup problem

M_S_W
11-19-2004, 01:00 PM
With PF+FB+AE I have had problems with lockups online. More specifically, lockups on full real servers in non PF planes like the P51 and P47. I thought it might be heat problems so I installed a PCI slot exhaust fan right next to my AGP slot video card. After that I still am getting this lockup. For example on Warclouds PF server I can fly a long time with a corsair or hellcat but when I switch to a P51, within two to three minutes of flight the screen will freeze followed by awful multicolored large blocks of mess. I can get out by using ctrl, alt, delete. Otherwise the game runs as smooth as silk in perfect mode. I never had this problem with FB-AE.

My rig is a Dell p4, 3.2 ghz (800 mhz bus), 1 gb dual path ddr ram, fx 5700 ultra 128 mb card, 80 gb hard drive, xp home.

Anybody else have this problem or know what may be wrong? I thought after patch the problem may be fixed but after installing the patch it happened again on Warclouds PF. Please help.

M_S_W
11-19-2004, 01:00 PM
With PF+FB+AE I have had problems with lockups online. More specifically, lockups on full real servers in non PF planes like the P51 and P47. I thought it might be heat problems so I installed a PCI slot exhaust fan right next to my AGP slot video card. After that I still am getting this lockup. For example on Warclouds PF server I can fly a long time with a corsair or hellcat but when I switch to a P51, within two to three minutes of flight the screen will freeze followed by awful multicolored large blocks of mess. I can get out by using ctrl, alt, delete. Otherwise the game runs as smooth as silk in perfect mode. I never had this problem with FB-AE.

My rig is a Dell p4, 3.2 ghz (800 mhz bus), 1 gb dual path ddr ram, fx 5700 ultra 128 mb card, 80 gb hard drive, xp home.

Anybody else have this problem or know what may be wrong? I thought after patch the problem may be fixed but after installing the patch it happened again on Warclouds PF. Please help.