PDA

View Full Version : planes keep crashing

clipped_spit
06-18-2006, 06:09 PM
All,

I have 404m has any of you experienced a problem with wingmen committing suicide?

I have setup scenarios where my flight (4 x Tempest x 8 rockets per) will attack a column of tanks and I make a pass, look back and the rest of the flight is attacking the same column then flying right into the ground. 1-2-3 splat-splat-splat... only me to left to fend off the approaching FWs :-(

I didn't see this behaviour in older versions of the game. Just started after a recent upgrade. It is very frustrating.

thx
RP

clipped_spit
06-18-2006, 06:09 PM
All,

I have 404m has any of you experienced a problem with wingmen committing suicide?

I have setup scenarios where my flight (4 x Tempest x 8 rockets per) will attack a column of tanks and I make a pass, look back and the rest of the flight is attacking the same column then flying right into the ground. 1-2-3 splat-splat-splat... only me to left to fend off the approaching FWs :-(

I didn't see this behaviour in older versions of the game. Just started after a recent upgrade. It is very frustrating.

thx
RP

FritzGryphon
06-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Do the Tempests have additional waypoints after attacking the tanks?

If a GATTACK is the last waypoint, it will be a kamikaze attack.

clipped_spit
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
Do the Tempests have additional waypoints after attacking the tanks?

If a GATTACK is the last waypoint, it will be a kamikaze attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thx for replying

Yes I use further waypoints after the GATTACK in this case attacking a column of vehicles with cannon. Thye never make it to the 2nd target.

the height is 250m and the speed is 300kmh the load is 8 x rockets with 50% fuel, the flight skill is average.

RP

clipped_spit
06-19-2006, 06:14 AM
figured it out -- you were right I had a 'destroy ground' with no further waypoints.

thx
RP