PDA

View Full Version : How do you save/load a career?

dan0808
09-03-2009, 02:28 AM
I have a dumb question. I have the 1946 DVD and I don't understand how the heck do you continue or save a pilot career? I started a career in the raf, finished my first mission and clicked apply then decided to leave my career and return to the main menu. I saw no option to save my career so just clicked "main menu" on the next mission screen. When I returned to the RAF career menu all I saw was a "generate" button and when I clicked that I got a warning if I wanted to destroy my pilot's career file, I clicked no and got thrown back to the main menu. If I clicked yes, goodbye career file.

I just don't understand how to save or continue a career and would appreciate any info.

thx

gizmo60
09-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Clicking 'Apply' automatically saves.

In main menu
click 'Pilot Career'
a new page will open and your career should be in the pale blue box, highlighted in black
click 'Load'

and fly

Cheers

dan0808
09-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Maybe I'm dumb but I don't see that option. I just get the stock career options when I click it.

Could it be that my OS is causing the problems? I have Windows Vista 64 bit OS and I don't see it supported on the box. Maybe that's it I don't know. All I know is I can fly missions and stuff but I'm having a really tough time getting my career loaded.

Strange..

gizmo60
09-03-2009, 02:59 AM
After you click 'Pilot Career' do you see a page with a big pale blue box in it and some buttons along the bottom....

Back-----Delete-----New-----Load

dan0808
09-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Now I do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

After some searching I finally figured out my problem. It seems for vista 64 bit users you don't get that screen if you install in the program files (x86) folder. I re-installed to a different directory (C:\ubisoft) and now I get that screen that you were talking about.

So any vista 64 users don't install to the x86 folder that is an order!

Sorry for the annoyance but I just couldn't fiure out what was worng. Now I know.

Tully__
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dan0808:
Now I do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

After some searching I finally figured out my problem. It seems for vista 64 bit users you don't get that screen if you install in the program files (x86) folder. I re-installed to a different directory (C:\ubisoft) and now I get that screen that you were talking about.

So any vista 64 users don't install to the x86 folder that is an order!

Sorry for the annoyance but I just couldn't fiure out what was worng. Now I know.
It won't be just for 64 bit Vista users. Any Vista system with User Account Control turned on will do this.