PDA

View Full Version : A bug that I hope is fixed in Revelations.

tkarenko
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
In AC:B, when you look at your map, there is an arrow indicating which way Ezio is facing. However, if you are like me and play with the HUD off (more specifically, the minimap), the arrow doesn't work and always faces north. It would work if the minimap was turned on. But once the minimap was turned off, the arrow would be stuck in its last position.

I've had to rely on my surroundings like I had to in ACII since there was no arrow on the map. This can be confusing at times and slows gameplay down. I am very surprised they never fixed it in AC:B, as it seems like an easy thing to fix. I can't believe no one tested the game with the HUD off and I hope they have this time.

dewgel
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by tkarenko:
In AC:B, when you look at your map, there is an arrow indicating which way Ezio is facing. However, if you are like me and play with the HUD off (more specifically, the minimap), the arrow doesn't work and always faces north. It would work if the minimap was turned on. But once the minimap was turned off, the arrow would be stuck in its last position.

I've had to rely on my surroundings like I had to in ACII since there was no arrow on the map. This can be confusing at times and slows gameplay down. I am very surprised they never fixed it in AC:B, as it seems like an easy thing to fix. I can't believe no one tested the game with the HUD off and I hope they have this time.

Turn the HUD back on?

tkarenko
10-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tkarenko:

Turn the HUD back on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow. I've played every AC game with the HUD off, because its not needed and it adds immersion. The original game was designed to not even have a HUD, but enough people didn't like the idea a no HUD, so they made it optional.

And besides, it would be so easy to fix. Why shouldn't they fix it? Sure, Brotherhood is out the door and the focus is on Revelations. I'm not asking them to fix it in Brotherhood. I'm asking that it's fixed before Revelations ships.

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tkarenko:

Wow. I've played every AC game with the HUD off, because its not needed and it adds immersion. The original game was designed to not even have a HUD, but enough people didn't like the idea a no HUD, so they made it optional.

And besides, it would be so easy to fix. Why shouldn't they fix it? Sure, Brotherhood is out the door and the focus is on Revelations. I'm not asking them to fix it in Brotherhood. I'm asking that it's fixed before Revelations ships. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A map Ezio had wouldn't have shown him which direction he was specifically facing. Wouldn't that break your immersion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif ?

tkarenko
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

And besides, it would be so easy to fix. Why shouldn't they fix it? Sure, Brotherhood is out the door and the focus is on Revelations. I'm not asking them to fix it in Brotherhood. I'm asking that it's fixed before Revelations ships. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A map Ezio had wouldn't have shown him which direction he was specifically facing. Wouldn't that break your immersion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could, but the first game had an arrow showing which way you were facing. So it kinda set the bar for how deep the immersion should be. And since I'm not actually Ezio, its not as easy to orient myself with the map.

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

A map Ezio had wouldn't have shown him which direction he was specifically facing. Wouldn't that break your immersion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could, but the first game had an arrow showing which way you were facing. So it kinda set the bar for how deep the immersion should be. And since I'm not actually Ezio, its not as easy to orient myself with the map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't specifically checked (I might tonight if I find time,) but if you play with the HUD options there are a bunch of things you can turn on and off on the map, that may be one of the HUD elements you can set to "on". If not, then I presume Revelations will be the same as Brotherhood, meaning you won't get your problem solved.

tkarenko
10-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I main reason I wish this was fixed it because it worked fine in AC1. With the minimap turned off, the arrow still worked properly on the map.

r4inm4n1991
10-26-2011, 01:40 AM
You guys try the Spear VS Spear Counter.
I HATE that bug/glitch whatever.
It wasn't in ACII btw!

rawrsmitch
10-26-2011, 04:50 AM
People actually play WITHOUT the HUD? O_o

LightRey
10-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by rawrsmitch:
Yes, to add challenge and feel to the game.

TorQue1988
10-26-2011, 05:14 AM
I hate games without minimaps,but i understand your complaint though i wouldn't play a game without the HUD on my first playthrough.

math.sab
10-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by rawrsmitch:

On my first playthrough, I agree with you. But later it's so much better. And clean.