PDA

View Full Version : Backstory for New DLC?

Starsfan1009
02-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Well, as the title of this thread states, I'm wondering if anyone has a theory as to what happens to Da Vinci in the new DLC coming out next month. We know that he goes missing, and is basically a captive (or is he? dun dun dunnnnnn) of the Hermeticists.

According to the ever-so-correct Wikipedia:

"After centuries of falling out of favor, Hermeticism was reintroduced to the West when, in 1460, a man named Leonardo[10] brought the Corpus Hermeticum to Pistoia. He was one of many agents sent out by Pistoia's ruler, Cosimo de'Medici, to scour European monasteries for lost ancient writings.[11]"

So here's a real connection to familiar figures we know in the Assassin's Creed series. Hermeticism has also given us this infamous symbol:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff414/Speaker-For-The-Dead/299px-Caduceus_svg.png

After doing some more reading, Hermeticists largely base their teachings on alchemy, astrology, and theurgy. They were also against strong religious beliefs as well as pure rational thought.

Not quite sure as to what their motivation is...perhaps they need Da Vinci to create something that they can use to either take power once the Borgias fall OR to establish themselves again in mainstream Christianity. Either way, I'm sure it'll be very interesting and full of conspiracy and intrigue.

Thoughts?

Archosakun
02-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Maybe they want to stop the inventions? Sort of a Religion vs. science thing?

SAVMATIC
02-21-2011, 11:10 AM
well the image you posted is meant to symbolize Kundalini, so if Hermeticists created that symbol, they have a strong connection to Eastern thought. If this is the case, it is likely Hermeticists are one of the first to see the serpent in the Garden of Eden as a symbol of Kundalini, so the plot thickens. Given, he only posted that symbol himself and theres no guarantee it will be involved in the story line, but if so, those are some of the deeper connections to be made.

ChaosxNetwork
02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Well the Hermeticists were a underground cult who wished to reverse mankind to how God had created it.
As Da Vinchi was an inventter who basically gave people wings, they wanted to stop him and so help them reach there goals of re creating the "Garden of Eden"

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
02-23-2011, 05:52 AM
@starsfan
I like your thinking but Leonardo Da Vinci would only be 8 years old in 1460.