PDA

View Full Version : Horrible plane accident in Poland

Jarza_Death_Man
09-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Flying is dangerous, hope they made it.
http://nettitv.mtv3.fi/nettitv_uutiset/index.shtml/nett...utiset?107310#107310 (http://nettitv.mtv3.fi/nettitv_uutiset/index.shtml/nettitv_uutiset/uutiset?107310#107310)

Airmail109
09-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Thats honestly the worst one Ive seen, Id advise people who dont like this sort of thing not to watch it.

No explosions but bits of pilot flying everywhere, and I swear one guys still strapped into his seat when the entire plane falls apart

Friendly_flyer
09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Norwegian news said bout pilots died.

Viper2005_
09-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Flying isn't dangerous. It is however an extremely unforgiving pastime.

The video shows what happens to bold pilots with depressing regularity. They weren't the first, and they won't be the last, but that doesn't make it any less tragic for those left behind.

R.I.P.

At least in this instance it would appear that the debris didn't fall on the crowd, so we may be thankful for small mercies...

Art-J
09-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I was there and saw the accident. Unfortunately, both pilots died: a 62 years old veteran and team founder, who planned to retire from aerobatics flying after this particular show plus one of his successors, who was 24.

R.I.P. to both of them, at least they were gone instantly, while doing what they loved the most.

Cheers - Art

bdc_p
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Sad to the one who survived, saw his friends go before his very own eyes.

RIP to both of them

SeaFireLIV
09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Aimail101:
Thats honestly the worst one Ive seen, Id advise people who dont like this sort of thing not to watch it.

No explosions but bits of pilot flying everywhere, and I swear one guys still strapped into his seat when the entire plane falls apart

Yes. Almost without a doubt, something costing life has happened there. Very sad to see. Flying may be `fun` and fascinating, but I guess Man is still not meant to fly....

Spinnetti
09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Youch...

You know though, that was their chosen pastime, which has risks. No doubt nobody wants to end that way, but rather that than of cancer or something else. I race sports cars, and If I go that way I sure don't want my family to mourn for me; I think its part of our nature to want a certain amount of risk, without which it wouldn't be rewarding.