PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters vs Virtual drives - piracy protection?

-HOPSTER-
04-23-2004, 09:40 AM
After finding out how far UBI has gone with their new CD copy protection scheme in the game FARCRY, I need to ask what is planned for Pacific Fighters.
I spent big bucks for a gaming laptop which I also use for business in the (real world) aircraft tech support industry. I have loaded all of our CD's for various aircraft models and wiring diagrams onto my laptop for field trips. The CD's are stored on my hard drive rather than carrying a load of them with me on the road. I also am able to play some of my favorite games while sitting in airports, hotels etc., thanks to the same virtual drive software. All of my games and the drive software itself were legally purchased. Now UBI has included a new intrusive copy protection that forces me to uninstall my legally owned "Gamedrive" software in order to play their newest games. Will this also be the fate of Pacific Fighters ?
I support this wonderful and historical sim 100 percent and in the future will be glad to assist with historical info on Saipan, having documented historical sites there and interviewed veterans. But I would ask my fellow gamers and sim fans to stand up to being pushed around when large corporations cross the line by including PC snooping software in their games.

-HOPSTER-
04-23-2004, 09:40 AM
After finding out how far UBI has gone with their new CD copy protection scheme in the game FARCRY, I need to ask what is planned for Pacific Fighters.
I spent big bucks for a gaming laptop which I also use for business in the (real world) aircraft tech support industry. I have loaded all of our CD's for various aircraft models and wiring diagrams onto my laptop for field trips. The CD's are stored on my hard drive rather than carrying a load of them with me on the road. I also am able to play some of my favorite games while sitting in airports, hotels etc., thanks to the same virtual drive software. All of my games and the drive software itself were legally purchased. Now UBI has included a new intrusive copy protection that forces me to uninstall my legally owned "Gamedrive" software in order to play their newest games. Will this also be the fate of Pacific Fighters ?
I support this wonderful and historical sim 100 percent and in the future will be glad to assist with historical info on Saipan, having documented historical sites there and interviewed veterans. But I would ask my fellow gamers and sim fans to stand up to being pushed around when large corporations cross the line by including PC snooping software in their games.

Sweetiecakes
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Just in case you didn't realize it, nig companies like UBI can pretty much do what they want to these days. There is not a damm thing any of us can do about it. That is the way it is period.

No limpeys please