PDA

View Full Version : Uru live updates not happening

blahmeister
07-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Every time I click on Uru Live, it looks for updates, but nothing happens and it eventually times out. I can't get to the support site either, the internet says the site isn't available. Please help. I just paid $20 and can't do a thing!

blahmeister
07-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Every time I click on Uru Live, it looks for updates, but nothing happens and it eventually times out. I can't get to the support site either, the internet says the site isn't available. Please help. I just paid $20 and can't do a thing!

gnorke
07-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi blahmeister,
Welcome to the forums. Are you talking about Urulive that is obtained thru Gametap? The uru live forum for the game on gametap is mystonline.com.
Or are you trying to get to urulive thru the Ages Beyond Myst CD? That has been cancelled years ago.

Reverend Vader
07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Welcome Blahmeister,

Just to build on what Gnorke has already indicated...

The single-player version of Uru Live (which you have purchased) has a link to allow you to sign up for a now-defunct-version of Uru Live.

Quick history:

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst is released in late 2003.

Uru Live goes online in late-beta stage even closer to the end of 2003, but is canceled by Ubi Soft (cold feet!) in Feb. 2004 before it ever officially launches.

Two expansion packs are released later that year as a way to take away the sting of the loss of Live. To D'ni is offered as a free download. The Path of the Shell is offered in July for $20.

(Uru: The Complete Chronicles is released as well -- a compilation of Ages Beyond Myst, To D'ni, and The Path of the Shell.)

It wasn't too long after this that Cyan released the server code for Uru Live and began allowing the fans to host their own servers and Until Uru was born. For a one-time fee of $4.95, players were able to log onto any of the Until Uru shards being run by the fans and congregate together... The game had no new content and was still buggy, but the community thrived.

Enter GameTap. The success of these fan-run shards did not escape the notice of GameTap and Turner executives. They were looking for original programming and games for their fledgling, online gaming network.

Myst Online: Uru Live officially relaunched on Feb. 15, 2007, three years after its original cancellation.

The new version has no connection to the old, offline version now. Many changes have been made which make he old client completely incompatible with the new -- plus, we have a new publisher now. But the good news it this: You can still access the new Uru Live through GameTap for free. (You have access to limited areas.) Or, you can also experience FULL access to the game for one month for just 99 cents. (Uru Live is included as part of the monthly GameTap subscription fee.)

www.mystonline.com (http://www.mystonline.com)