PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer

neil_1821
07-16-2006, 04:52 PM
As the release date for BOB:SW draws closer i cannt help but wonder, will or have users already been testing this game? I signed up with microsoft to do game testing but i never recieved any other word from them. I can understand about privacey etc etc but i was just being curious if some people will get the game earlier to check it out and find bugs, maybe i'm too late?

neil_1821
07-16-2006, 04:52 PM
As the release date for BOB:SW draws closer i cannt help but wonder, will or have users already been testing this game? I signed up with microsoft to do game testing but i never recieved any other word from them. I can understand about privacey etc etc but i was just being curious if some people will get the game earlier to check it out and find bugs, maybe i'm too late?

ChwyNiblet
07-16-2006, 06:27 PM
...possibly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Choctaw111
07-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I really do not think at this point anyone outside 1C has it yet as there would be a lot more talk about what is going on with it. Oleg is doing a GREAT job at keeping his cards close to his chest if you know what I mean. I beleive that what he has got in the works for the last several years (and is finally drawing close to fruition) is nothing short of breathtaking albeit something that will take an incredible amount of computing power! Will Beta testers eventually be used being only a couple of months to completion? I do not know. One can only hope...

neil_1821
07-17-2006, 03:43 AM
all very true, i think either everyone is getting too excited about the PC requirements and wont be that great or we are going to need top of the range parts, we shall wait and see

WWMaxGunz
07-17-2006, 06:02 PM
You've got a cookin CPU there and a decent videocard. I dunno the interface speed of the
drive but perhaps the mobo runs ATA133 like the drive? I have 2 Maxtor 120's with only an
AMD 2500+ and 1G 333mz RAM. My other HD's I swap in and out of my external drive holder,
I do capture a bit of video and music so I need my over 300G of drives, honest!

From what I've read you probably only need to have 2G RAM to get decent framerate though
perhaps at reduced graphics settings that will look fine anyway.

My next mobo, I'm going to make sure I get SATA drive interface as well as ATA EIDE, for
my existing drives. I still kick myself for saving a few bucks on this ASUS board I did
get, but I wanted then more memory and my budget was less than $400 to upgrade with.

Dude, really... compared to mine your base system rocks!

neil_1821
07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
lol, well i have about 200GB of Hard disk drive, updated that, i will get some more RAM, maybe 4 2GB sticks, and i think i'll upgrade my video crad to those 1GB Nvidia cards.

rmorgansmith
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
neil_1821

What motherboard holds that much RAM?

robsmith

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Neil I would not get your hopes up. We probably will not see SoW: BoB until well into 07. If Im wrong I will be delightfully suprised.

neil_1821
07-19-2006, 04:27 AM
well you can buy 2GB sticks of RAM, my motherboard has 4 slots for RAM and it is a DFI lan party motherboard, i can also run 2 graphics cards in SLI but there is no point in updating until it is actually here because you might spend loads on upgrading and find out it might not even work or your old one would of been ok. Although i hope it comes out before 2007 i cant wait, the first and proper simulator that shows truly how we sacraficed in WW2, yay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif