PDA

View Full Version : My Periscopes are Microphones!!!

Poacher886a
04-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Yep,have to say this is pissing me of a bit!

I've heard nothing but praise from poster's and games reviews concerning the sound in this game.
Personaly,i think (Uzo bug excluded)its the biggest letdown in the game!

Im underwater and:
1.The aircraft goes over head and it sounds like im on the bridge(no muffled sound)
2.I look through my periscope and the sound magnifies when i look at the aircraft???!!!is it a microphone?
3.No noise from an approching ship(good)as im watching it through my periscope.As it gets to a certain range BANG a full ship noise akin to standing on the bridge starts and then BANG it switches of when it passes!! it does'nt even gently build up and fade,but the fact is,all i should hear under water is something like the hydo noise!!

As for the sound of the aircraft or is that a hornets nest?

Poacher886a
04-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Yep,have to say this is pissing me of a bit!

I've heard nothing but praise from poster's and games reviews concerning the sound in this game.
Personaly,i think (Uzo bug excluded)its the biggest letdown in the game!

Im underwater and:
1.The aircraft goes over head and it sounds like im on the bridge(no muffled sound)
2.I look through my periscope and the sound magnifies when i look at the aircraft???!!!is it a microphone?
3.No noise from an approching ship(good)as im watching it through my periscope.As it gets to a certain range BANG a full ship noise akin to standing on the bridge starts and then BANG it switches of when it passes!! it does'nt even gently build up and fade,but the fact is,all i should hear under water is something like the hydo noise!!

As for the sound of the aircraft or is that a hornets nest?

Bulwark_
04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
LOL

Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but it's just the way you described the bug!!

I've never noticed the periscope acting as a microphone, I'll have to check it out next time! It wouldn't surprise me though. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next patch! Also did you notice since patch 1.2 the non-upgraded hydrophone which is mounted under the sub no longer works on the surface. Weird.

Mylo42
04-22-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree. I thought the sound in SHII was better.