PDA

View Full Version : All is lost.

namelessxxx
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Ive almost givin u hope for splinter cell.
as hard as it is to say this... splinter is dying. if you are thinking "OMFG is this another i want SvM back thread!" then you are right.

pandora and choas were amazing, and words cant even express how much. then, SCDA came and was a huge dissapointment... at least in multiplayer.
and now after that failure, their changing it again! why? i mean come on. no more stealth? wtf is that? ill tell you what it isnt... it isnt splinter cell.

well there ya have it.
Another thread against the new changes.
have fun ripping it apart.

SilentKiller210
07-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Right now, we know two facts about SCC multiplayer:

1. It will not be like SvM

2. It will incorporat the crowd gameplay in some way.

That is ALL we know (to my knowledge at least). Sure, the MP may wind up sucking and the world will come to an end, blah blah blah. But so far, none of us have any idea as to how it will turn out or really how it works at all.

I don't like these kinds of threads much.

namelessxxx
07-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Dont misunderstand me.
im sure the game will be great, as Ubisoft never fails to impress me. all im saying is that i miss the original splinter cell mp, and they should bring it back in some way.

i doubt they read or even care about these posts
anywayz and wont change their minds.

idk maybe they should make like another version... like a next gen version of the original sp games. thad be sweet.

SilentKiller210
07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm sure that if this game fails to sell well, Ubi will revert to its CT roots and create a next-gen version of CT... at least, I hope they do.

ArrowDynamicsX
07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
So... why did you have to create a new topic? I don't understand that part. There are over 15 other threads that are for multiplayer, why must you create another?

MKCC14
07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I guess he has nothing better to do.

StealthShottz
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
And you have nothing better to do than post in them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

stavros_27
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
no more stealth? wtf is that?

I take it that you have not looked up much info on this game, because it is still focused on stealth.

ROLNIK
07-12-2007, 08:48 PM
All is lost
http://imatt.us/mt/archives/orly.JPG

StealthShottz
07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif It's all over... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ox Se7eN xo
07-13-2007, 05:08 PM
i dont get why people are so concerned about SvM?

we had SvM in PT

it was good, but they bettered it in CT

to me, they didnt need to make another SvM cos CT was so good, why not try something new in the next DA

and they did, and in my opinion it's brilliant. fair enough, i dont play it that much anymore (never really played it much in the first place) cos of a certain game called "Gears Of War", you may have heard of it, it's quite good but i still saw an awesome multiplayer game

now we have another MP type with SCC

yeah i can see that people want to play SvM with new and improved graphics and maybe some new tweaks and things, but why bother? SvM in CT was perfection

so here's an idea for all you guys saying "What no SvM? THIS SUCKS!! I HATE MY LIFE!! I HATE SPLINTER CELL! AND I'M GONNA GO ON THEIR OFFICIAL FORUM IN THE HOPE THAT THEY CHANGE IT!"

if you want to play SvM play PT or CT

if you want to play Advanced SvM play DA

if you want to play SvS play DA

if you want to play the new MP, get SCC

simple as

TimvanderS
07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
I guess he has nothing better to do.

Sounds like disrespectful.

I agree about the not really usefull of making another topic about it, but there seems no reason at all to me to make the creator of this topic feel bad or attack it in any way.

Originally posted by stavros_27:
I take it that you have not looked up much info on this game, because it is still focused on stealth.
Yeah, but the developpers call it "Active Stealth". I wonder if you can still call that stealth

SPROGGY
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by timmieboy2:

Yeah, but the developpers call it "Active Stealth". I wonder if you can still call that stealth

It is indeed still stealth. In fact its a much more practical and more common variant of stealth used by both REAL spies and SOF operators.

ox Se7eN xo
07-13-2007, 06:04 PM
"used by both REAL spies and SOF operators."

it amuses me that people seem to think running around in a catsuit with night-vision goggles on your head is realistic (it doesnt happen in case some of you hadnt realised) as well as standing two feet from someone in "pitch black" and them not seeing you

you're right, deepego, this is a far more realistic type of stealth and i think it rocks tbh

SPROGGY
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by S7N:
"used by both REAL spies and SOF operators."

it amuses me that people seem to think running around in a catsuit with night-vision goggles on your head is realistic (it doesnt happen in case some of you hadnt realised) as well as standing two feet from someone in "pitch black" and them not seeing you

you're right, deepego, this is a far more realistic type of stealth and i think it rocks tbh

I wouldnt say that it doesnt happen. But it DEFINITELY doesnt happen the way it does in SC, and certainly not as frequently as stealth in a social situation. SOF forces(including your favorite SAS http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif) will use the cover of night to approach a target for reconaissance or assault. They will NOT however attempt to use a shadow as cover when they are within a visibly discernible distance from the enemy. This is why SOF soldiers, and more specifically marksman, are taught concealment and camouflage and wear the appropriate clothing to match the terrain.

Also, the real spies do not sneak around and infiltrate facilities using sophisticated gear and shadows as cover. There are very few shadows dark enough to truly mask your appearance. Instead they remain inconspicuous and camouflage themselves as locals to avoid detection. Often times they impersonate a business employee to gain entry to a building. And if a spy gets into trouble he is taught how to lose himself in a crowd. Simple techniques like wearing a reversible coat, carrying a pair of sunglasses and a hat, or even bending at the knees to change your height are simple and effective ways to lose a tail.

Your absolutely right S7N. Its far more common and realistic, and Im damn excited to use it in SC.

EskimoBob32
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
You guys are talking about this as though you are actually spies, or know someone who is. I have read in topics, a long time ago, someone who said they used to work for the army and infiltrate areas at night using darkness for cover. It may not be true, but it sounds more credible than you guys saying that 'this happens and this doesn't and that's that'. Also, remember, when people talk about light and shadow stealth they mean using darkness as cover. Some people are taking it too literally. I, for one, was never effectively able to hide in Splinter Cell in a shadow. It was in dark spots or, more often, dark rooms that you were able to remain hidden.

I don't know which type of stealth real spies would use, as I am yet to meet one. Of course, I remember those videos last year around the time DA came out of that guy saying "I am the real deal etc" who said that he used to do the stuff Sam did. Other than that, unless any of you actually know a spy, you are basing the kind of stealth you speak of off James Bond and Jason Bourne and the like. In the end, it comes down to which type of fiction you like better, or as you guys put it, find more believable.

Of course, I am more than willing to take this all back if one you is a spy...?

SPROGGY
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
You guys are talking about this as though you are actually spies, or know someone who is.

I dont know any spies. I do however know a gentleman who was in Baghdad setting up HUMINT information networks and performing special reconnaissance work before we went to war in 01. More on him later http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I have read in topics, a long time ago, someone who said they used to work for the army and infiltrate areas at night using darkness for cover. It may not be true, but it sounds more credible than you guys saying that 'this happens and this doesn't and that's that'.

Here is where my experience with this comes from. You can choose to find it as credible as you wish. I live in Virginia Beach and Im currently in the Pipeline to go to BUD/S. One of my long time friends from childhood is now a SEAL, having graduated from class 243. His uncle(the gentleman mentioned above) has been a DEVGRU operator for the last six years. Now before I go any further, you should recognize the fact that I did mention how the cover of darkness is used in the military in my previous post. Having said that, you can find out most anything if you do a little research. I got my info from two guys who have been there and done that and have the t-shirt to prove it. But that doesnt mean that what they told me isnt also readily available at your nearest book store.

Also, remember, when people talk about light and shadow stealth they mean using darkness as cover. Some people are taking it too literally. I, for one, was never effectively able to hide in Splinter Cell in a shadow. It was in dark spots or, more often, dark rooms that you were able to remain hidden.

Maybe you didnt do it, but plenty of others did. I cant count in a day how many times Ive stood in a shadow with an NPC 6 inches from my face and gotten away with it.

I don't know which type of stealth real spies would use, as I am yet to meet one. Of course, I remember those videos last year around the time DA came out of that guy saying "I am the real deal etc" who said that he used to do the stuff Sam did. Other than that, unless any of you actually know a spy, you are basing the kind of stealth you speak of off James Bond and Jason Bourne and the like. In the end, it comes down to which type of fiction you like better, or as you guys put it, find more believable.

The "real deal" gentleman you are referring to is Woodie Mister. He was also a former DEVGRU operator as well as a CIA Special Activities Division operator. He was not a spy per se, but more of a black ops paramilitary type. Also, he never said that he "did the stuff that Sam did" What he did do was go through many of the tactics that Sam used such as Stealth, using cover of darkness, and using suppressed weapons and relate them to what he has done in the past.

Of course, I am more than willing to take this all back if one you is a spy...?

I am basing my knowledge of the subject on first hand accounts by people who have been trained in stealth, espionage and certain kinds of tradecraft. I also own countless books on the subject and as I said before, there is a wealth of information to be found at your local bookstore.

Here is something else for you to think about though. When they film a Jason Bourne movie, where do you think they get the technical information in regards to espionage and stealth? Do you think they make it up? The answer is from a technical adviser. Technical advisers are people who have real world experience with the subject in question. So when Bourne uses a specific techniqe to lose a tail in a crowd, the director very likely got that idea from the technical advisor. Do they take artistic license with some things and exaggerate? They certainly do. But much of what you see in reality based movies is just that, reality based.

EskimoBob32
07-13-2007, 10:04 PM
I can understand what you are saying about the blind NPC, but remember that this game is based on the idea of using darkness as cover. As I said in a somewhat exaggerated way in another topic, using this idea in a game in the way that is actually employed in real life would be probably rather boring. And I'm sure the same is true for the Bourne-esque gameplay. A real life Bourne wouldn't spend his whole life involved in exciting car chases or running from guards that recognise him - I'd say a lot of it would be reconaissance, intel gathering, and stakeouts. But I will reserve judgement on how this relates to Conviction until I see more.

I realise they do employ technical advisors, but bear in mind that sometimes technical accuracy is traded for a more exciting movie. I remember an interview with a director of a movie a long time ago, who was being criticised for a scene which was not technically accurate (don't quote me on this, and don't ask what movie, because this was a while ago) and he simply said "Yes, our advisor told us the same thing but we decided this would be more interesting."

I understand that you probably have more knowledge about this than me; it just annoys me when people like S7N assume they know all the intracies about real life covert ops.

SilentKiller210
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
A real life Bourne wouldn't spend his whole life involved in exciting car chases or running from guards that recognise him - I'd say a lot of it would be reconaissance, intel gathering, and stakeouts. But I will reserve judgement on how this relates to Conviction until I see more.

If SCC was made up of everything a fugitive like him would do (ie reconaissance, intel gathering) then the game wouldn't be nearly as much fun (unless they did a REALLY good job with it). The game's missions most likely are just the action sequences in the story, as with all the SC games.

EskimoBob32
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Exactly. But if we are to assume he did the boring stuff in between, there would be gaps in the story (perhaps this is what they are suggesting in DA..?). I am sure that Sam will happen to find out everything he needs to know during the action-packed parts (ie the parts we see), so I doubt they are making the game with Sam doing recon in between levels. But we will have to wait and see.

SPROGGY
07-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I can understand what you are saying about the blind NPC, but remember that this game is based on the idea of using darkness as cover. As I said in a somewhat exaggerated way in another topic, using this idea in a game in the way that is actually employed in real life would be probably rather boring.

Youre absolutely right, it would be rather boring. In MOST cases when the cover of darkness is used to facilitate some type of covert activity it is done with a reasonable amount of distance between the opposing forces. That obviously wouldnt work for Splinter Cell.

And I'm sure the same is true for the Bourne-esque gameplay. A real life Bourne wouldn't spend his whole life involved in exciting car chases or running from guards that recognise him - I'd say a lot of it would be reconaissance, intel gathering, and stakeouts. But I will reserve judgement on how this relates to Conviction until I see more.

And there in lies the beauty of social stealth. The way stealth is depicted in Conviction is much closer to reality than the way stealth has been used in previous SC's. Social Stealth only requires that you remain inconspicuous and lose yourself among the normalcy of your average every day crowd. It requires little preparation and no support. Of course what you say is true. Espionage is a hurry up and wait kind of game. Its hours of waiting peppered with 15 minutes of excitement.

I realise they do employ technical advisors, but bear in mind that sometimes technical accuracy is traded for a more exciting movie. I remember an interview with a director of a movie a long time ago, who was being criticised for a scene which was not technically accurate (don't quote me on this, and don't ask what movie, because this was a while ago) and he simply said "Yes, our advisor told us the same thing but we decided this would be more interesting."

Which is exactly why I said "Do they take artistic license with some things and exaggerate? They certainly do" in my last post.

I understand that you probably have more knowledge about this than me; it just annoys me when people like S7N assume they know all the intracies about real life covert ops.

I understand what you are saying. And to be honest, you cant know ALL of the intricacies of a special operation unless youve been there. There are plenty of super secret ninja assassins running around on the internet and it can be hard to trust people. But the techniques and tactics of SOF units are not super dooper secret. The principles of stealth are the same now as they were 200 years ago. Our methods may be more advanced, but they are based on the same ideas. So while S7N may not be an insider, he didnt necessarily say anything that wasnt true.

namelessxxx
07-14-2007, 02:41 AM
why the heck did my topic turn into a "whos knows more about real-life stealth operatives?" argument.

o well i guess stuff happens newayz i dont care about realizim... i just want svm i mean come on obviously 2 mercs and two spies locked in a random place competing isnt a real life situation, thats not why i play it.

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 02:44 AM
He (or she?) has a point...

ox Se7eN xo
07-14-2007, 03:02 AM
it just annoys me when people like S7N assume they know all the intracies about real life covert ops.

erm...excuse me? when did i claim to know all the "intracies" about real life covert ops? all i said was "it amuses me that people seem to think running around in a catsuit with night-vision goggles on your head is realistic (it doesnt happen in case some of you hadnt realised) as well as standing two feet from someone in "pitch black" and them not seeing you"

EskimoBob, do you REALLY believe that people go around like Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell? i would bore you with who i work for and how i know MORE about Covert Ops than you EVER will but i just cant be bothered

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh, please do bother. deepego3 went to the effort of telling what and who he knew, and then used that information to make his opinion. Why shouldn't you go to the same effort? You clearly think you know more than us about this sort of thing, so please, share your knowledge or else don't claim to have it.

If you had read posts since the one you quoted, you would know I realise that the world of Sam Fisher is an exaggerated one, and always will be. No, I do not think people going around doing what Sam does, but I do think that this sort of thing happens in a slower, less ridiculous way. The same goes with the new gameplay. Can you see what I'm saying now? Or am I talking to a brick wall?

DeadKevin666
07-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I think I'm going to become a broken record and repeat the same thing over and over and over.

MONTREAL is making this game, NOT Shanghai. That simple fact alone should be enough to get excited about.

Who was responsible for the ORIGINAL & Chaos Theory? Take a wild guess. If you're slow on the uptake, that would be Ubisoft MONTREAL.

Have faith until Montreal proves us otherwise.

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 07:17 AM
I think I am also going to become a broken record responding to you, if this is all you have to reason why this game will be great. This is not Splinter Cell gameplay. It may well be a great game in its own right, but if it means that we never see a new TRUE Splinter Cell game again, then I really don't think it's worth seeing this new gameplay and what it has to offer.

DeadKevin666
07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm not following the logic stream on this. Because they are changing the core gameplay this time means there will never be another SC game with light/dark? That's a pretty far leap to assume at this point.

I guess I'm of the opinion that I don't want the same game over and over, rinse & repeat every year. Why not try something new and potentially exciting? How can someone be convinced they won't like it until they try it, given the developing teams credentials ?!?!?!

I almost have to chuckle when I see all he concern. Human beings by nature are creaturs of habit and resist to change. With great risk comes great reward, why not think outside the box and remove your comfort zone?

This is still Splinter Cell to me. Still have Sam Fisher and he controls the same(but better), he just has to interact within his environment in different ways.

If he was dual wielding pistols and doing flips to kill bears in caves, THEN I'd be onboard with the whining and complaining. :-)

SPROGGY
07-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by kevinpage123:
I'm not following the logic stream on this. Because they are changing the core gameplay this time means there will never be another SC game with light/dark? That's a pretty far leap to assume at this point.

I guess I'm of the opinion that I don't want the same game over and over, rinse & repeat every year. Why not try something new and potentially exciting? How can someone be convinced they won't like it until they try it, given the developing teams credentials ?!?!?!

I almost have to chuckle when I see all he concern. Human beings by nature are creaturs of habit and resist to change. With great risk comes great reward, why not think outside the box and remove your comfort zone?

This is still Splinter Cell to me. Still have Sam Fisher and he controls the same(but better), he just has to interact within his environment in different ways.

If he was dual wielding pistols and doing flips to kill bears in caves, THEN I'd be onboard with the whining and complaining. :-)

well said!

BurningDeath.
07-14-2007, 08:21 AM

I'd rather say that he has to interact differently within a different environment.

How can someone be convinced they won't like it until they try it, given the developing teams credentials ?!?!?!
I, for one, am not convinced that I won't like SCC, but i am determined not to like the direction the SC series is going with it. SCC may be a cool game to play through once, I however would rather have a "real" Splinter Cell game, a game built upon the good things of CT.

LoneInTheDark
07-14-2007, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
it just annoys me when people like S7N assume they know all the intracies about real life covert ops.

erm...excuse me? when did i claim to know all the "intracies" about real life covert ops? all i said was "it amuses me that people seem to think running around in a catsuit with night-vision goggles on your head is realistic (it doesnt happen in case some of you hadnt realised) as well as standing two feet from someone in "pitch black" and them not seeing you"

EskimoBob, do you REALLY believe that people go around like Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell? i would bore you with who i work for and how i know MORE about Covert Ops than you EVER will but i just cant be bothered </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I respect your long term membership, don't make assumptions. I was in the military myself, and I can tell you there may not be any 3 dots on some ones head, but the activity is quite real.

Hypno1988
07-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Sheesh, I never heard of this before. You must be the first. How original.

ox Se7eN xo
07-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:
As much as I respect your long term membership, don't make assumptions. I was in the military myself, and I can tell you there may not be any 3 dots on some ones head, but the activity is quite real.

yeah in the Army or Navy, NOT in the NSA. and NOT the type of operations Sam Fisher goes on

but that wasnt what i was getting at, my point was more to the fact about being two feet away from someone in the "shadows" as it were and them not seeing you.

yeah it can be done, and i've seen it done on occasion but it takes a hell of alot of patience and control to do it

and EskimoBob, i would tell you what i do, but it's confidential http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ourrevolutionxx
07-14-2007, 11:31 AM
i totally agree with namelessxxx
no stealth, no SC-20K, no nothing, just create a new game line, dont change splinter cell

SPROGGY
07-14-2007, 12:25 PM

yeah it can be done, and i've seen it done on occasion but it takes a hell of alot of patience and control to do it

and EskimoBob, i would tell you what i do, but it's confidential http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thats a joke......

...right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah in the Army or Navy, NOT in the NSA. and NOT the type of operations Sam Fisher goes on

You can't seriously tell me that you were acknowledging that this stuff happens, but just not in the NSA? By the way you were talking/typing earlier, you seem to think that the very idea of using darkness for cover is ridiculous. "it amuses me that people seem to think running around in a catsuit with night-vision goggles on your head is realistic"

stalinas8
07-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I hate this new sam fisher look! at CT he was an amazing super strong inteligent terorists killer and now he looks like a tramp with a long dirty beard! Bring Fisher from CT back!

radicalaxe2007
07-15-2007, 01:25 PM
i fell the same way sc ct was amazing and this new one i am not sure ifi am going to like it but all i want is for them to go back to SvM and deathmatch. i want the old one back! it is on a downward slope

Fps_Bruce
07-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Couldn't they have 3 multiplayers? Think about it, its probably gonna have Co-op already and this new multiplayer nobody knows about, then they could just add SvM in there as well. They worked on Chaos Theory, they already have it programmed, all they would have to do is add new hi-res textures. Even if it was rushed in, it would still be a great addition.

SPROGGY
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Fps_Bruce:
Couldn't they have 3 multiplayers? Think about it, its probably gonna have Co-op already and this new multiplayer nobody knows about, then they could just add SvM in there as well. They worked on Chaos Theory, they already have it programmed, all they would have to do is add new hi-res textures. Even if it was rushed in, it would still be a great addition.

I agree. Even if they had to put it on two separate discs, it would be a smart move on their part.

Greenboy5494
07-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I am here to complain about both plays, single, and multi. They both will suck. Hardly. Why? I dont even CARE if it is freakin realistic or not, i have FUN with CT, PT, and orginal. You know Assain's Creed? i am not buying it because it is made by ubi. I would buy it if it was made by even EA, but i am NOT buying a single ubi game until they fix SC. The series is going out of whack. Wheres the sam we know and love? No more humor that ive come to chuckle at. SC was my all time favortie series. it was the reason i bought a 360, for CT (i know CT was an orginal xbox game) Now, i HATE SC now, will not buy ubi EVER EVER again until SC is fixed. My new all time favorite series is now Half-Life. At least VALVe doesnt ruin their series. Also, i cant belive that it is exlusive to the 360, not even a PC port, but it would have sucked badly anyway. Goodbye UBI, i hope you go out of bussiness.

insanity76
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't know which type of stealth real spies would use, as I am yet to meet one.

You ought to check out the movie Ronin (Robert DeNiro stars in it). A good espionage movie. Now as to how accurate the movie is compared to how espionage is performed by professionals in the real world, I couldn't tell you. The characters use the blending in with the public in daylight as well as the cover of darkness.

XBfreak_101
07-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by namelessxxx:
as hard as it is to say this... splinter is dying. if you are thinking "OMFG is this another i want SvM back thread!" then you are right.

pandora and choas were amazing, and words cant even express how much. then, SCDA came and was a huge dissapointment... at least in multiplayer.
and now after that failure, their changing it again! why? i mean come on. no more stealth? wtf is that? ill tell you what it isnt... it isnt splinter cell.

well there ya have it.

nameless, you are a *******.

EskimoBob32
07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by namelessxxx:

well there ya have it.

nameless, you are a *******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Constructive criticism, I like it.

BurningDeath.
07-17-2007, 02:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
Constructive criticism, I like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's quite strange how insults like that always come from the pro-Conviction side...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

StealthShottz
07-17-2007, 03:28 AM
You know what, I have noticed that as well.

Vth_F_Smith_
07-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
nameless, you are a *******. You better stop the name calling now or we will be forced to take action. Everyone on this forum is entitled to his/her own opinion.

SPROGGY
07-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
Constructive criticism, I like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's quite strange how insults like that always come from the pro-Conviction side...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not always.

EskimoBob32
07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
No I agree, not always. This guy is just a fairly stereotypical example of idiots who give their opinion in the rudest possible way and then don't back it up.

Vth_F_Smith_
07-18-2007, 12:13 AM
No I agree, not always. This guy is just a fairly stereotypical example of idiots who give their opinion in the rudest possible way and then don't back it up. I don't think calling him an idiot (or just a member of a group of idiots) will make it better! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EskimoBob32
07-18-2007, 03:08 AM
I don't think anything can make someone who calls someone a ******* because of their opinions 'better'. But ok, point taken, I'll stop.

theoldsamfisher
07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
The point is that the splinter cell saga has taken a turn for the worst. I mean at least DA had darkness and stealth and all that. But this new Conviction? Sam looks like the dudes from grand theft auto now, not some super secret spy for the U.S. And for those of you that say Conviction is more realistic, ITS A VIDEO GAME. its supposed to be fake and fun to play. Like DA wasnt enough of a hint, Ubisoft is going to lose alot of money with this game. The first three games were the best, and will continue to be, if Ubisoft keeps making splinter cells like this garbage.

SPROGGY
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by theoldsamfisher:
The point is that the splinter cell saga has taken a turn for the worst. I mean at least DA had darkness and stealth and all that. But this new Conviction? Sam looks like the dudes from grand theft auto now, not some super secret spy for the U.S. And for those of you that say Conviction is more realistic, ITS A VIDEO GAME. its supposed to be fake and fun to play. Like DA wasnt enough of a hint, Ubisoft is going to lose alot of money with this game. The first three games were the best, and will continue to be, if Ubisoft keeps making splinter cells like this garbage.

Garbage.....all garbage.