PDA

View Full Version : All the New Features in Assassin's Creed 2

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I know 'Just buy it' and all, but I like to know. I won't be getting it today, maybe not even this week, or month, but I know for a fact I WILL get it.

Anyway, when I want a game, I go crazy and research it, find out all its features, all its information, everything. I don't know why, it makes me want it more, and makes me even more crazier. Sometimes I get to the point where I know more about the game than people who have it.

So, I have AC1, can anyone tell me every feature added in AC2?

EmperorxZurg
06-08-2010, 08:48 AM
well first off, the whole mission thing for assassinations has been thrown away, you don't have to do the repetitive missions with the eavesdrop and such, it's much more dynamic and it flows better. You get more gadgets along with the Hidden Gun and the Second Hidden Blade (Duh). the AI are smarter(that part seems to be arguable but they're smarter in my game) you can also get some extras from Uplay, a new in-game store Ubi is trying out. Then there's all the new side missions that sprawl all over the cities. oh, and one of the biggest changes is YOU CAN SWIM! lol it was ahmazing! There are also more spots to climb, and like the devs said you really CAN assassinate from anywhere, Hope this brief summary helps lol. I'm like you, I get totally obsessed over new games

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks man.

Problems I had with the first one WAS the missions.

I thought it'd be assassination, combat, slaughter...

But it was 'sit on bench', 'Follow and beat up (with FISTS)', 'Yo Altair, find all the flags with no value and I will tell you something that can save a lot of others', 'I was caught, since I am not good at Assassination, kill these guards for me'.

And I mean, you basically did the SAME exact thing OVER and OVER and OVER, the only difference was dialogue, and enemy NPC.

Another bad thing I experienced was when enemies would sit there, never doing anything, just sitting there.

Also the lack of weapon variety. I enjoyed killing guards with counters, combos, and such. But sword, hidden blade, dagger. Meh, I like games with lots of weapons.

Also the fact that guards got onto you, just for running. It seemed the law was to walk, running was death sentence.

TJByrum2
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Also, another thing.

If I beat the game, and ever want to play around in the world, do I HAVE to sit through dialogue when I do it?

adarwinter
06-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TJByrum2:
Also, another thing.

If I beat the game, and ever want to play around in the world, do I HAVE to sit through dialogue when I do it?

i think that u can't. u have to start a new game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

another thing u might want to concider - AC2 is really really really really easy if u played AC1. if u r kind of used to the combat than it's **** easy. the PC have this tool (in my sig) but on a console - it's really easy. the combat has a few new moves but the most important ones are completely missing (defence break is gone and so are the power hits) and the AI during combat sucks a lot(!) more than in AC1.

but besides that - AC2 is much better every other way other than combat or challenge.

Jack-Reacher
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
No you odnt have to start a new game, load up your file and you can play.

However you cannot replay storyline missions, only sidemissions

TJByrum2
06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
OK thanks.

What's all this 'need persistent internet connection' stuff I keep seeing?

Because I mean sometimes I switch my XBOX and Computer Ethernet Cable to get on Live and the PC's Internet.

And since I unplug it from my 360 a good bit (maybe twice a day?) won't that delete my game's progress (or whatever it does)?

Since I have SAVED COMPLETE progress on my XBOX from AC1, does that give me any bonuses in AC2?