PDA

View Full Version : For the beginners, be carefull with the leveler

caldaar
11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, I used the leveler yesterday. Was doing good.. and it kept pushing me higher, like it is supposed to. Then today I go to play the song, and the level on it was too high. So, for the beginners, you can level yourself into to high of a skill level for where you are at. Easy quick fix is go into the menu -- options - skill level and reset it to lowest level then work your way back up on the song.

GimbalLock
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by caldaar:
Well, I used the leveler yesterday. Was doing good.. and it kept pushing me higher, like it is supposed to. Then today I go to play the song, and the level on it was too high. So, for the beginners, you can level yourself into to high of a skill level for where you are at. Easy quick fix is go into the menu -- options - skill level and reset it to lowest level then work your way back up on the song.

Stop creating panic ... you don't need to anything. if the level is to high the game will adjust the song as soon as you start missing a lot of notes. There is not need to reset all the songs to zero

caldaar
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
ok, hmm, didn't wait to see if it would do that.

Maybe my bad.

caldaar
11-03-2011, 11:11 AM
So, if I level it too high... it will keep dropping down to find my level again?

GimbalLock
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by caldaar:
So, if I level it too high... it will keep dropping down to find my level again?

Yes .. and it will do it a a rate based on how many notes you are missing. the game doesn't punish you for missing notes it just adjust you as needed. Its one of the big selling feature Ubisoft pushed about this game.

JinjaBeard
11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
i had mastered 'Take Me Out' and was playing through it..got a phone call and just let it keep playing in the background..

i had to re-riff up each section after it dumbed the song down for me. haha.

moral of the story; use the pause button.

GimbalLock
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by JinjaBeard:
i had mastered 'Take Me Out' and was playing through it..got a phone call and just let it keep playing in the background..

in your case you could have just went to option and set songs to max achieved level again.

JinjaBeard
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by GimbalLock:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JinjaBeard:

in your case you could have just went to option and set songs to max achieved level again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DOH!!! oh well, it was beneficial to run through the riff repeater a second time for a couple parts. thanks for the headsup though!!