PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

twistedpretzel
04-10-2005, 08:20 PM
What is a normal patrol for you?

Frumpkis
04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Typical patrol:

I plot a waypoint course to the nearest corner of the patrol grid, then hit 1024x compression and play my guitar while waiting for the sub to arrive.

On arrival at the grid, I set up a manual zig-zag course (based on coastlines, expected shipping traffic or whatever) and set engines to ahead slow. Then I hit 1024x compression again... play a little more guitar... deal with any sudden ship sightings or air attacks.

When 24 hours are up and I have the confirmation in the mission screen, I head for somewhere more interesting/productive.

twistedpretzel
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Leads me to another question, what areas do you like to go t ofor production?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
The ones that are marked as high traffic areas or possible convoy routes on the map.

Maj_Death
04-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Go to patrol zone and stay for 24 hours if not too far out of the way (ie I don't go to africa) and then head over to convoy alley (northern Ireland) till I'm out of everything even remotely lethal.

mdcbornslippy
04-10-2005, 11:28 PM
you want some real action....head to the channel on the ne side of ireland between it and scotland/england......hope you know how to run silent.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jello2005
04-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Ahh i see now where i went wrong... i dont need to manage my crew at high time compression. My first patrol took me absolutely ages to get there because i spent most of the time trying to make sure we had a fit crew on watch. Most of my crew get tired very easily.

I will remember this for next time. 1024 to patrol zone & *then* after mission complete....look for convoys

Hyfrydle32
04-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I plot a course to the patrol zone and if I get any contacts on the way I deal with them. Tend to come across at least 4 or 5 encounters this way.

Don't travel at 1024 as I find I miss out on most of the detected contacts and to me this is part of the game. Once I arrive in the patrol zone I patrol for the 24 hours and then if I have any fish left I venture to any areas where I have come across alot of shipping.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

GT182
04-11-2005, 08:59 AM
One idea is to keep a record of your patrol. That way you know where you've sunk ships and what grids are the most productive.

Also keep a record of reports you get on the convoys BDU reports to you. If you're close enough you can plot a course to them, or if too far away ignor them. At least you'll have a record of where they pass thru.