PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded 4.04..slight issue

subcpo
02-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Flying my beloved Zeke..and all I have in the lower left corner is my HDG..no speed or alt..

I drive submarines not airplanes...so ya can see my problem..=)

How do I get it back?

Thanks
<S>
sub

CornbreadPattie
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
check toggle speedbar in the difficulty before...

but if you have already started a campaign you should know that the altitude is in meters and the speed is in knots.

try the challange of not using speedbar, it's fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
02-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Ever heard of instruments?

subcpo
02-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah I have heard of instuments...Oboe's, flutes, horns...but what the heck does that have to do with airplanes

DaimonSyrius
02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by subcpo:
Yeah I have heard of instuments
.../...
but what the heck does that have to do with airplanes
About as much as wings. Even the Wrights' flyer had some kind of flight instruments.

But if you fly without a cockpit (what the heck does that have to do with airplanes...? you may wonder), Pattie gave you a good answer. I'll add that, even if you have the 'speedbar' on in the 'Difficulty settings', there's a 'Toggle Speedbar' command you can assign to a key, it will cycle the speedbar through several settings and units, it isn't defined by default, I believe.

Cheers,
S.

Spinnetti
02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
lol... Everybody wants something different.

The advice given is correct.. just toggle speed bar.. its 'Z' on my setup..

Oh, and just look out the window to see where the ground is..

What I don't like is that I have the speed bar set to 'OFF', and the heading still shows up. I always have to get rid of that at the start of a mission <annoying>.

I asked Oleg about it and he said it was the way the UI code worked and there was no easy way to tie it to the speed bar so it wouldn't show up <oh well>

heywooood
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
You fly with the cockpit, yes?...or no?..probably not...thats ok - Oleg wants everyone to be comfortable.
There is a way to map controls to your keyboard/joystick/hotas if you want to change or assign things that must be assigned because they have no default control.

As far as removing the 'heading' from speedbar display- on some planes you can't because on those planes, you can't easily see the compass in the 'pit - it is obstructed.

raisen
02-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I think there are some aircraft in the sim where the compass is obscured by other hardware like sticks and gunsights. Hence the simple solution, to have the instrument in its historical position, but have the information displayed on screen, rather than relocate the instrument.

Raisen

raisen
02-25-2006, 12:05 PM
oops....see Heywards post.

Raisen

lairdperkins
02-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Just get Oleg to enable 6D0F Track IR support and we could look AROUND the obstruction =P

SeaFireLIV
02-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Spinnetti:
I always have to get rid of that at the start of a mission <annoying>.

I asked Oleg about it and he said it was the way the UI code worked and there was no easy way to tie it to the speed bar so it wouldn't show up <oh well>

THANKYOU! I complained about this several times in ORR and even posted him an email but no answer. In the end I gave up. What did you do to get a response? Send him Vodka and women? Anyway, now I know why at last!

Mongoose117A
02-26-2006, 01:55 PM
To get rid of the heading display (which always shows up regardless of realism settings) hit "H" three times quickly. You'll have to do it every time, unfortunately. Oh, I'm not sure if it's always H or just whichever key you have set to toggle the speedbar. Experiment, but three times works fine for me.

Tim

Tully__
02-27-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if it's always H or just whichever key you have set to toggle the speedbar
Whichever key you've set to toggle speedbar.

Spinnetti
03-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spinnetti:
I always have to get rid of that at the start of a mission <annoying>.

THANKYOU! I complained about this several times in ORR and even posted him an email but no answer. In the end I gave up. What did you do to get a response? Send him Vodka and women? Anyway, now I know why at last! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he was nice, and explained it too me at the time. I think I just emailed him when one of the versions was in beta - it was a while ago. Its not a major complaint, but under full real I don't like having to turn it off. I have it mapped to my 'Z' key. I just hit it 3 times at the start of the mission and the "Full real" illusion is complete http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mortoma
03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Skunk241981:
Ever heard of instruments? What's wrong with using the speedbar?? I can't read more than half of the instruments at my resolution and a lot of them you have to scroll using the mouse to see them, a big pain! Some are hidden behind various objects such as the control stick. Some, like the new Tempest, have instruments hidden by stupid support bars. I can read a lot if I hit the "delete" key to zoom in but who's gonna do that on a consistent basis?? Not me!! I'm glad as hell they have the speedbar and I use all three lines of it. Not ashamed of that at all.