PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, why not have the LSO on the radio

Col_Tibbetts
01-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey Oleg,

I realize that with today's tech that creating a realistic LSO standing on the carrier deck is impractical. Also I realize that the LSO in CFS2, while effective, is very unrealistic and stupid looking.

However why can't we have the LSO on the radio guiding us down the glideslope to the deck? I am assuming that in reality the LSO was on the radio with the approaching pilot as well as visually working his flags? Simple radio calls work very well in LOMAC and I find them very helpful on final to the Adm. Kuznetsov.

Since other sims have done this I assume that it wouldn't be to hard to implement.

I posted this in the PF forum as well.

Col. Tibbetts

Col_Tibbetts
01-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey Oleg,

I realize that with today's tech that creating a realistic LSO standing on the carrier deck is impractical. Also I realize that the LSO in CFS2, while effective, is very unrealistic and stupid looking.

However why can't we have the LSO on the radio guiding us down the glideslope to the deck? I am assuming that in reality the LSO was on the radio with the approaching pilot as well as visually working his flags? Simple radio calls work very well in LOMAC and I find them very helpful on final to the Adm. Kuznetsov.

Since other sims have done this I assume that it wouldn't be to hard to implement.

I posted this in the PF forum as well.

Col. Tibbetts

No601_prangster
01-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I would have thought that the last thing a carrier commander would want to do is advertise his position by broadcasting unnecessary radio communications.