PDA

View Full Version : The Stig

Jasko76
09-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Who is Stig from Top Gear anyway? It bugs me like hell but I just can't find it out. The first Stig, the black one, was apparently Perry McCarthy, a less known race driver, but still good enough to trash around expensive cars around the Top Gear test track. He revealed his identity in a book so they had to kill him off. Enter the white Stig - who is he? Damon Hill? Any info please!

Jasko76
09-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Who is Stig from Top Gear anyway? It bugs me like hell but I just can't find it out. The first Stig, the black one, was apparently Perry McCarthy, a less known race driver, but still good enough to trash around expensive cars around the Top Gear test track. He revealed his identity in a book so they had to kill him off. Enter the white Stig - who is he? Damon Hill? Any info please!

ploughman
09-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

The Stig is a guy called Mornington Crescent.

Jasko76
09-17-2007, 03:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:

The Stig is a guy called Mornington Crescent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? They've even named a train station after him.

http://jriddell.org/photos/jonathan-mornington-crescent.jpg

All right, next stupid suggestion?

Waldo.Pepper
09-17-2007, 03:36 AM
The leading candidate is a fella named Ben Collins.

ploughman
09-17-2007, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jasko76:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:

The Stig is a guy called Mornington Crescent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? They've even named a train station after him.

http://jriddell.org/photos/jonathan-mornington-crescent.jpg

All right, next stupid suggestion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you can google. There's a decent bit on Wiki about who's the Stig, gives a little potted history of who it was and when. Chances are that Damon Hill was the Stig once or twice, also opens up the possibility that some other big names have been the Stig on occasion. But the jobbing Stig is...

MrMojok
09-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I read somewhere that in an episode where they drove a Renault F1 car, around 2005 or so, "Stig" was Heikki Kovalainin.

Jediteo
09-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Some say that his left nibble shows the layout of the Nurburgring.

Whirlin_merlin
09-17-2007, 06:56 AM
And that his first name really is 'the'.

MEGILE
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jediteo:
Some say that his left nibble shows the layout of the Nurburgring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

Whoever he is, he is sierra hotel

crucislancer
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jediteo:
Some say that his left nibble shows the layout of the Nurburgring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

Whoever he is, he is sierra hotel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

RevvinUK
09-17-2007, 10:17 AM
I thought the Stig was someone who popped in here from time to time to talk down IL-2 and promote Targetware?

Warrington_Wolf
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
The identity of The Stig is Oleg Maddox, the cars that he drives and his driving prowess are both overmodeled.

Xiolablu3
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
There was a rumour that it was Daemon Hill at one time (British winner of World F1 car Championship around the 1990's)

Esel1964
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
My guess is Mika Hakkinen,because they featured him on an episode of what we see on BBCAmerica,and he was hanging out with Clarkson,Hammond,and May-UNTIL the stig appeared,and they're very similar size-wise.

Just a wild guess,probably wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Pyrres
09-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Now that would be something if it were Häkkinen :P. But I don´t thinks it was even possible, cause he lives in Monaco, so it has to be a britans citicen atleast.

AlGroover
09-18-2007, 04:01 AM
No, couldn't be. The Stig is positively garrulous compared to Hakkinen.

general_kalle
09-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Stig is the danish word for Climb!
The is the danish word for Tea.

Tea Climb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif