PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards are ruined!

UnsentSoul
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
So once again a game comes out and people ruin the leaderboards. I play on xbox so any of you 360 users get a sec look at the first leaderboard selection worldwide. Notice #1 has 1 game played for about 2 hours and apparently racked up 89 kills in this session. So is it the developers fault for making shambolized leaderboards(like mw2) or the players who take advantage in game faults?

ninja_7_7
11-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Its leaderboards it doesnt matter.

UnsentSoul
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Obviously you people enjoy being *******es but is it that hard to make a legit leaderboard?

Keksus
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I like my PS3. Almost cheat free. No way to hack the ps3 and still be able to play online. So my only concerns are the runners.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:
I like my PS3. Almost cheat free. No way to hack the ps3 and still be able to play online. So my only concerns are the runners.
And lag switchers, although that's rare on PS3 as well. No logical reason it should be less common on PS3 than other places, but I suppose in ACB it's more of a disadvantage to use them anyway, so no big deal.

HaxGeneration
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
The only reason I am upset with the leaderboards is because I'm missing over 400k points/exp from the alltime score leaderboard. I've got just over 1M in my stats but according to the leaderboards it's in the 600k's. Only reason I care is for the upcoming virgin gaming tourny, after that I will probably not play online so much.

Oatkeeper
11-24-2010, 10:59 PM
there are some obvious hackers on the leader boards, there is nothing can do about it really.

I wish they would have retained the "kill ranking" leaderboard. It let you know how good you are at having quality kills.

Kill/Death Ratio is the most ******ed board idea ever given the games premise.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 11:00 PM
They have a kill ranking leaderboard.

What they don't have is an average points per kill leaderboard, which I (and a lot of others) were asking for in the beta.

Rainie
11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by HaxGeneration:
The only reason I am upset with the leaderboards is because I'm missing over 400k points/exp from the alltime score leaderboard. I've got just over 1M in my stats but according to the leaderboards it's in the 600k's. Only reason I care is for the upcoming virgin gaming tourny, after that I will probably not play online so much.

Your points will only go on the leaderboards if you played ranked matches which means any matches you played with friends doesn't get included with your leaderboar score

UnsentSoul
11-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they added it in. I would say 4sure but my xbox is being used ATM. I know I've compared mine to my friends atleast. If there isn't a worldwide average points per kill than that sucks. It'd be nice to see if a lot of gamers actually care about the quality of their kills.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 11:34 PM
They list average points per kill on a couple of the scoreboards, they just don't have a leaderboard that ranks players for it.

GRADIO231
11-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Which leaderboard are you talking about for the 360? Because I'm number 1 for overall and stuns, and I know I'm not boosting, just have way too much time on my hand at the moment

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HaxGeneration:

Your points will only go on the leaderboards if you played ranked matches which means any matches you played with friends doesn't get included with your leaderboar score </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that may not be true. According to the strategy guide both ranked and player match games earn XP and affect the leaderboards... only private matches don't get XP. Which I find odd because what's the point of playing in ranked matches if your stats in player matches with friends count towards the leaderboards. I'm hoping that the strategy guide is wrong about that.

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HaxGeneration:

Your points will only go on the leaderboards if you played ranked matches which means any matches you played with friends doesn't get included with your leaderboar score </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that may not be true. According to the strategy guide both ranked and player match games earn XP and affect the leaderboards... only private matches don't get XP. Which I find odd because what's the point of playing in ranked matches if your stats in player matches with friends count towards the leaderboards. I'm hoping that the strategy guide is wrong about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Strategy guide is right about it =P

Nadaclos
11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
We have leaderboards...Really???

I never see that where is suppose to be???

I dont really care, but i like to see a player and say "Yeah this is a cheater" XDDD

PD: 89 kill in 1 session...Seriously !!!!...Can happend in a match between one lvl 50 Vs 7 lvls 1 in wanted mode....I think XD.

Oatkeeper
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
They have a kill ranking leaderboard.

What they don't have is an average points per kill leaderboard, which I (and a lot of others) were asking for in the beta. Kill ranking IS the average score per kill.

the board they have now is only called "Kills"

UnsentSoul
11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
It could yes and be very sad for the other 7. The hacked part is the 2 hour game session. All game modes. Go to 10 minutes I thought. Once again I don't care it's just amazing why they think they are cool for hacking.

EscoBlades
11-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by CapN_Grady:
Which leaderboard are you talking about for the 360? Because I'm number 1 for overall and stuns, and I know I'm not boosting, just have way too much time on my hand at the moment

The famous CapN_Grady. I've seen you on the leaderboards. You've been mentioned a few times too. Congrats. Hope to run into you online sometime http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Keksus
11-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Its not really an issue of hacking its more an issue of someone using friends accounts or whatever to get on the leaderboards. Its one of those "Hey let me score over 80,000 points in a match so I can be number one and you can be a footnote in my bio".

They never follow through with that last part though.

Haven' thought about this. Well, nevermind: If they think they are some 1337-pr0-imb4 guys if they are number #1 in the leaderboard than I will let them have their fun. I play because I want to have fan while playing. Leaderboards ... who cares?

kikook222
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
If I made a popular game, such as CODMW2, I would use the leaderboards as a way to find the hackers in the game. Anyone who would hack the boards obviously hack the game, or has the ability too.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
The people saying people use their friends to boost stats?

You know the ranked leaderboard doesn't count matches where you were playing against friends, right?

BloodyMoon1
11-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by UnsentSoul:
So once again a game comes out and people ruin the leaderboards. I play on xbox so any of you 360 users get a sec look at the first leaderboard selection worldwide. Notice #1 has 1 game played for about 2 hours and apparently racked up 89 kills in this session. So is it the developers fault for making shambolized leaderboards(like mw2) or the players who take advantage in game faults?

89 kills in 2 hours isn't that hard....that's like 7 or 8 kills per round. You want bull****, try the PS3 boards, some guy got 41 in kills in 1 session. 41 kills my ***, that's 4 kills a minute, so 1 kill every 15 seconds.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UnsentSoul:

89 kills in 2 hours isn't that hard....that's like 7 or 8 kills per round. You want bull****, try the PS3 boards, some guy got 41 in kills in 1 session. 41 kills my ***, that's 4 kills a minute, so 1 kill every 15 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Put the reason his one is worse in bold.

GRADIO231
11-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CapN_Grady:

The famous CapN_Grady. I've seen you on the leaderboards. You've been mentioned a few times too. Congrats. Hope to run into you online sometime http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope to see you too! Is your gamertag the same has your forum tag? and thank you.

HaxGeneration
11-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I've never played private matches, only ranked ones. Which is why I am upset as to why I am missing over 400k points on the leaderboards. It's not just the alltime score I'm having issues with. All my stats from the different leaderboards are all wrong. It seems like their updating system is crap, even my alltime kills count is a couple hundred off. Not sure as to why though, have opened more than one ticket with tech support and they say they are looking into it. It's been over a week, you'd think they would have updated that **** by now or atleast fixed the leaderboards problem.

HaxGeneration
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I could care less about boosters and what not, I just think that I should have the correct about of points on the leaderboards because I earned those points. I don't think I deserve to be short changed like that, and also the only reason why I care is because of the virgin gaming tourny that's coming up. Only the top 128 people on the leaderboards will be eligable and if I don't get in because of the leaderboards not being correct that's not very fair is it? All I want is for the counters to be fixed so all my stats are correct, nothing more nothing less.

Rama_V1
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
*thinks back to a time where leaderboards wernt around so just having fun was the only priority to people*