PDA

View Full Version : Help for a new player...please?

po_henning
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi all,

I've been looking all over the place in trying to find this game. None of the retailers near me have it (Wisconsin), and can't even find a place to download it.

Is it even out??

-Also, I have the game Jane's Attack Squadron, a WWII flight game, wondering if this one's superior???

Thanks for the help.

carguy_
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Visit GoGamer or order overseas.

You can`t compare WWII Jane`s attack squad. with IL2Sturmovik1946.

The first is an arcade game,second is simulation(the best ever).

po_henning
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks! That's the first site that was able to ship it.

One last question, will the UK Import be able to run on an "American" computer system???

I know, I'm new to this

Dagnabit
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Greetings po_henning,
You should have no problems regarding compatibility.
I ordered from the same place, and used it on two machines.
I am using it on Windows XP, and Vista, with no major problems.
I also have about 5 or 6 of the various Janes games, F15, IAF, Attack Squadron...etc. And while they were not too bad (some of them) for their day, just dont compare much to this series of games. This is the best available in its genre.
You have also come to the best place for help and information on this game. Some of the guys on this forum are real wizards regarding the inner workings of the game.
A good place to start here is to read the FAQ, and other info available here in the Mission Builders Forum, the Movie Forum, and so on. It can save time finding out about most of the basic stuff instead of waiting for someone to post back.
best of luck to you
Regards

Jaws2002
03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello Sir.
The game wil be released in stores in USA on March 13-th i think. so you can either oredr it from Gogamer.com (imported), or you can preorder from Ubisoft (link on the front page)and will get it around midle of the month.

There's no download for the full game.
Comparing with the Jane's game.... this thing is so much more advanced is really like comparing the P-51 mustang to F-15 Eagle. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Zeus-cat
03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
And when you do get the game you need to assign a key to release chocks for carrier takeoffs. Also, the gear on the F4F has to be raised and lowered manually.

May as well get those two questions out of the way now, you will have more later.

JohnClabo
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
And when you do get the game you need to assign a key to release chocks for carrier takeoffs. Also, the gear on the F4F has to be raised and lowered manually.

May as well get those two questions out of the way now, you will have more later.

Could you possibly tell me how to start bomber engines? I dont mean to hijack the thread but Im trying to start em up and Im having no luck...

Waldo.Pepper
03-01-2007, 11:08 PM
ell get those two questions out o

Could you possibly tell me how to start bomber engines? I dont mean to hijack the thread but Im trying to start em up and Im having no luck...

For all multi engine planes, you need to assign a key to select each engine in turn then start them one after the other. AFTER you get them all ticking over, then you must have assigned a key to select all engines, then yer off!