PDA

View Full Version : Did Ezio use the apple to find out who Desmond is? I think he did.

galenwolf
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Knowing the Ezio used the apple to find Cesare, being told there was someone called Desmond around that was to see Minerva's message and also then appearing in the Villas Vault a lot later in life I'm starting to think at some point Ezio went "Time to find out who the hells this Desmond is" and used the apple and then saw what Desmond was up to.

That might also explain why he hasn't had a kid yet. If the apple told him HOW desmond can be seeing the message in the future through Ezio, then Ezio might have put off having a kid as long as possible to ensure that everything he could do to aid Desmond had been done.

If they do another DLC with Ezio, and I hope they will, I hope they put in something addressing if Ezio knows about Desmond. And that if he does about Desmond maybe he could leave Desmond a message. I know if my descendant was going to be in a world of trouble i'd do everything in my power to help him and give him a few words of support as well.

Colossus_1191
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
He clearly has some understanding of the situation. Ezio left the numbers at the villa for him to see, as well as at the end of the latest DLC he tells Leonardo "this was not meant for us".

wiccanlovely
03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Ya know, that makes a hell of a lot of sense actually. I mean, the Apple is this amazing, seemingly all-knowing artifact. I don't see why it wouldn't tell him about Desmond because, as you said, Ezio would be wondering who exactly Desmond was.

And also what Colossus_1191 stated, the line Ezio says to Leonardo about it not being meant for them.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2011, 11:17 PM
It would seem a bit odd to me if Ezio assumed desmond was his relative from centuries into the future because of wondering who he was. Unless like you say he has used the apple to find out without us knowing about it. Interesting theory!

Randy 355
03-31-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
It would seem a bit odd to me if Ezio assumed desmond was his relative from centuries into the future because of wondering who he was. Unless like you say he has used the apple to find out without us knowing about it. Interesting theory!
Well, Minerva mentions Desmond at the end of ACII, so he knows of Desmond to a slight. This is again supported at the beginning of AC:B. He at first didn't understand what Minerva meant by he is being spoken through, not at. But at the end of the Da Vinci conspiracy, it is implied that he now understands that he is a portal of information to Desmond. So somewhere in between it is entirely feasible that the apple let Ezio know of his ancestor, Desmond, and the events that are to occur.

galenwolf
03-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:

Well it depends on what he viewed, and what the apple told him I would think.

If Ezio saw anyone talking to desmond about Ezio as desmonds ancestor with the apple translating modern English to 15th century Italian then its an easy way for Ezio to know that Desmond is his descendant.

Like wise if he saw Desmond in the Animus and the apple could give him an understanding of what it did in terms he would be able to understand (All the memories of your ancestors are passed on through the souls of their descendants, this machine lets you experience those memories) then he could know that Desmond is a descendant from 500 years in the future.

This would give him enough knowledge to understand that the events he has experienced through Minerva etc are actually important to Desmonds mission.